Fu**ing Gravy Train!

Now you see how screwed up the "rules" are. This is ONE family but

Yesterday a man living in the house, Mohamed, 55, told the newspaper that the family had been fortunate in renting the grand home.
'We were on the council waiting list. All adults in the home are on housing benefit and income support,'

So let me get this straight, EVERY "adult" (person over the age of 16, I believe) in the "family" of 10 is claiming Housing Benefit? I thought that only the person "renting" could claim that so how in hell's name can there be multiple claims for housing benefit (and council tax rebates too) when the head of the family is the one who is supposed to have his name on the rent contract?

Mind you, it is Islington council so that explains a lot.........
A family of 10 Somali doleys in the neighbourhood. The neighbours must feel really enriched. This is most certainly not the tip of the iceberg. There was an Afghan woman and her big family last year with a £1million house, with a rent that you'd need to be an airline pilot/pop star/top surgeon/stockbroker to afford. WTF are we doing letting these dustheads live it up at our expense? I'd sooner they slept on the streets. A tent supplied by a charity is good enough for em.

I hope some cunt loses their job over this.
Why the fuck are people constantly linking to the fucking daily mail on here now?
Wasn't there a proposal to cap the amount that can be claimed ? In effect it meant that the end of the landlords gravy train in London
Why the fuck are people constantly linking to the fucking daily mail on here now?
Lower class individuals The Daily Mail the paper of choice. I blame the coalition
It's not a mansion really is it? it's a narrow 3 storey terrace that tits like Jamie Oliver are prepared to pay 2 million for.

You could claim that all kinds of social housing are worth stupid amounts because they are in a certain postcode, if the local authority have owned the house for decades and they aren't paying a social landlord stupid amounts of money then they can rent to who they like in it as long as it's not a reapeat of Arthur Scargil getting a free flat in the Barbican complex.

That family don't look particulary Somali either, they could be of any number of various ethnicities.

They could well be on the fiddle for all I know but the fact that the local authority own that house and rent it to people instead of selling it to rich knobbers is not a bad thing, they just need to be a bit more selective about who they rent to.