FTSE: 8000 by year end?

I never said you did ? I actually doubt if you work anywhere.

But you did claim to be a member of the TPS.

A now you are going into deflection mode when presented with some facts regarding the TPS.

No I'm sat here opened jawed as I wonder if you are Meerkatz/PhotEx's sock.

A now you are going into deflection mode when presented with some facts regarding the TPS.
Yes I'll take your advice gleened from reading a single article about Private Schools, rather than the advice of my partners IFA, or the even the UCU.

Any advice on how I can reduce my tax liability?:rofl:

Back to that game ?

You were previously convinced I was @Northern_Biff

You want to have another go ? Phone a friend / 50/50 / ask the audience ?
It's just strange that you are an expert on pension schemes. So whats your advice, should I withdraw from the TPS and join NEST instead? And maybe cash in my ISA share accounts and place the money under my mattress?

Last edited:
On an imaginary £37k a year :D :D

:D:D:D

Erm, 37k just for this year. It goes up by roughly 2k a year, not including the increase for inflation (which admittedly is below inflation). And there are two of us earning that. I'm fine earning that amount in an area where the average household income is a bit over half of one of our salaries. Personally I feel lucky as I earn much more than many of our friends who do not work at a university, so perhaps a bit of humility is an option for you? Many people are struggling, I'm thankful not to be.

Anyway maybe back on topic, rather than bringing your Brexit arguments onto a serious thread?

I am denying that I have ever quoted / mentioned anywhere on this site, anything about your 2 mortgages.

I'm still calling you a liar, and I will wait patiently for YOU to prove otherwise.
Here you go, thickster.

You quoted a thread in which I stated I have tow mortgages as proof that I don't own property.

1582976183721.png

Ha ha.

No I'm sat here opened jawed as I wonder if you are Meerkatz/PhotEx's sock.
To be fair on the never served Civvie, at least he takes the time and effort to research before pontificating, and not just shout out the very first thought that crosses his tiny mind.

For a Dr, Doctor, Dr, MMA and Bar, that is pretty p!sh.

Should have went O&G, £37k covered about 8 weeks work and it was tax free.

I like teaching and I like doing research. Why would I want to change vocations? I enjoy what I do - it's why I spent around ten years training to do it.

And what does this have to do with the thread?

Does it embarrass you that I have retired at 58 and even in retirement, still a taxpayer at 40% ?
I did ask before but for some reason you didn't reply...

How much pension you on? At least 50k pa, I presume?

I'm interested to know how you dealt with the Lifetime Allowance charge.

Latest Threads