FTSE: 8000 by year end?

I said I am in the TPS scheme as I'm at a post-92 university. It's defined benefits, government backed. I said something like even if I don't get promoted then the pension should payout something like 25k. He then started ranting about pension forcasts, projected growth etc. For a defined benefits pension. An extremely good one.
Are you aware yet that there will be a review of the TPS in 2022 ?

When you actually get your TPS pension, then might be time to espouse its greatness, not when you are at least 20 years away from collecting those benefits.

You stupid, stupid creature.

ETA

Read, digest and take note.

However, it is important to know that DB scheme benefits are not guaranteed. If the scheme's assets are not sufficient to pay the benefits, and the employer is not in a position to meet the shortfall, promised benefits may have to be reduced.
How much is the current deficit in the TPS scheme ?

Which is only going to amplified by this:

Coronavirus panic sent world stock markets tumbling again on Friday, with an index of global stocks setting its largest weekly fall since the 2008 global financial crisis, and over $5 trillion wiped from global market value this week.

Last edited:
@Belter_Belter

This was conveniently released when all the major markets had closed for the weekend.

China’s official Purchasing Managers’ Index (PMI) fell to a record low of 35.7 in February from 50.0 in January, the National Bureau of Statistics said on Saturday,

A sub-index of manufacturing production nosedived to 27.8 in February from January’s 51.3 while a reading of new orders plunged to 29.3, down from 51.4 a month earlier.

How far and how fast do you think they will sink when they open on Monday ?

I leave you with this thought

FTSE 100 right now 6590
FTSE 250 right now 19254.

I'll check in on this thread next Friday and see where they stand.
If youre dim enough to think a week matters in long term investment planning you're probably stupid enough to come up with a cunning plan to reduce your income tax bill by taking income you dont need.

Provide said comment. You lying tw@t.
Are you denying you've said I dont own property, using a thread in which I state I have two mortgages?

You're such a belter you think that having a mortgage means you dont own the property...

Once thing I actually am impressed with is you being a higher rate tax payer, all from pension income. NOWAH.

Are you aware yet that there will be a review of the TPS in 2022 ?

When you actually get your TPS pension, then might be time to espouse its greatness, not when you are at least 20 years away from collecting those benefits.

You stupid, stupid creature.

ETA

Read, digest and take note.

How much is the current deficit in the TPS scheme ?

Which is only going to amplified by this:

Deficit? In a pension scheme which comes from Government funds rather than an investment fund.

Brilliant.

What’s your advice for reducing my tax liability?

Last edited:
Deficit? In a pension scheme which comes from Government funds rather than an investment fund.

Brilliant.
You really are clueless and stupid creature.

The 2016 valuation by the Government Actuary’s Department revealed that the scheme was £22bn in deficit, £7bn up from the previous valuation.

We are aware that around 70 independent schools have already left the TPS.

The remaining schools (there are over 1,100) are currently thinking very carefully about their options, with many facing difficult decisions.

Brilliant. I already said I don't work in a school. You link is about schools deciding to leave the scheme because the costs are high. That's unlikely to happen with universities because the alternative scheme - USS - costs roughly the same. Not that the link is even applicable to me.

Also the other half has been told by an IFA to go with the TPS rather than stick with USS because its one of the best schemes around.

That's a proper IFA rather than a grandpa with Google.

The 2016 valuation by the Government Actuary’s Department revealed that the scheme was £22bn in deficit, £7bn up from the previous valuation.
Please explain what this means to existing or deferred members, the valuation basis used, the impact of s75 debt and how the Pension Protection Fund works.

Please use your bestest crayon.

I am denying that I have ever quoted / mentioned anywhere on this site, anything about your 2 mortgages.

I'm still calling you a liar, and I will wait patiently for YOU to prove otherwise.

To be honest this is a useful thread. I think it was important to explain to people your financial advice is dangerous (given you have about three or four pages worth of comments where you are telling people about pensions), but maybe treat this forum with a bit more respect rather than an extension of your Brexit thread?

Please explain what this means to existing or deferred members, the valuation basis used, the impact of s75 debt and how the Pension Protection Fund works.

Please use your bestest crayon.
Can you not read ? Was it too difficult for you to understand ?

Understandable when you do not know the difference between '' Avoid '' and '' Minimise ''

However, it is important to know that DB scheme benefits are not guaranteed. If the scheme's assets are not sufficient to pay the benefits, and the employer is not in a position to meet the shortfall, promised benefits may have to be reduced.
Next review into the TPS is in 2022. Amazingly, someone who claims to be a member of said scheme does not seem to be aware of it.

Can you not read ? Was it too difficult for you to understand ?

Understandable when you do not know the difference between '' Avoid '' and '' Minimise ''
I can read, I'm waiting for you to explain.

Next review into the TPS is in 2022. Amazingly, someone who claims to be a member of said scheme does not seem to be aware of it.
Why do you think that?

All DB schemes have triennial AVRs, as I'm sure somebody with yor gargantuan brane would be aware. Members would get a precised copy of it.

A now you are going into deflection mode when presented with some facts regarding the TPS.
Answer my questions, Billy Bullshitter.

Simplest one: How does a scheme deficit affect member benefits?

Latest Threads