FTSE: 8000 by year end?

I don't get it

I am rather butthurt.

C'est La Vie

The value of your investment can go down as well as up, Caveat Emptor,
I'm mildly amused at how you've jumped in with both feet, and landed head first.

Your cunning wheeze to avoid income tax is to take a taxable income.

You thick chod.

Now stop dripping in a serious part of the place, while its amusing to watch your self immolation, most of us have better things to do.

THIS is a crash - October 1987. A very young BB was in the City back then; interesting times:

1582891401585.png

Now, looking at the FTSE 100 since 1984:

1582891482113.png

1987 was a blip. 2000 was a return to long term trend: 2020 will be a blip, too.

Your cunning wheeze to avoid income tax is to take a taxable income.
Do you understand the difference between '' Avoid '' and '' Minimise '' ?

And you claim to be a Financial Adviser :D :D

You are a thick belter.

I leave you with this thought

FTSE 100 right now 6590
FTSE 250 right now 19254.

I'll check in on this thread next Friday and see where they stand.

Thanks for the info. I imagine the Dow will nose dive this morning. I don’t know if I want to open my investment accounts or just imagine the shrinkage.
Dont worry about it.

I can’t retire until I am 54, but In reality I plan on another 30 years in the workforce. I just keep remembering 2008 which took 3 plus years to recover everything that disappeared...
Look at the charts above, mate...

Look at the charts above, mate...

It took damn year 5-6 years to recover from the 2008 drop. But you folks have some issues to sort out with the neighbors this time. Which will not help any recovery in the latter half of the year.

Do you think the U.K. might hit a recession by the end of the 2nd quarter?

I get it

You are rather butthurt.

C'est La Vie

The value of your investment can go down as well as up, Caveat Emptor,

Remember that time you tried to give me pension advice? And told me that one cannot predict what will be paid in a defined benefits pension, backed by the government, because the value of investments can go up or down.

It's all clear now. You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near other peoples finances.

Remember that time you tried to give me pension advice? And told me that one cannot predict what will be paid in a defined benefits pension, backed by the government, because the value of investments can go up or down.

It's all clear now. You shouldn't be allowed anywhere near other peoples finances.
Seriously?

Oh, please please please let me see that...

Seriously?

Oh, please please please let me see that...

I said I am in the TPS scheme as I'm at a post-92 university. It's defined benefits, government backed. I said something like even if I don't get promoted then the pension should payout something like 25k. He then started ranting about pension forcasts, projected growth etc. For a defined benefits pension. An extremely good one.

I said I am in the TPS scheme as I'm at a post-92 university. It's defined benefits, government backed. I said something like even if I don't get promoted then the pension should payout something like 25k. He then started ranting about pension forcasts, projected growth etc. For a defined benefits pension. An extremely good one.

From the man who used my comment that I have two mortgages to prove I dont own property..

Wonderful.

Simply wonderful, thank you.

Latest Threads