FTSE: 8000 by year end?

A little update:
SIPP is now at only 5.6% down with 6 holdings showing profit.
Holdings in RR. still not showing any green shoots and still tanked.

My gambling portfolio is now up 10.9% since buy in. The HL UK asset accumulation fund seems to have been the most stable climber. Lloyds has been on a roller coaster.
Weekly update.

After a few switches into Acc funds my SIPP is now only down 1.03% from buy in. If the market keeps recovering at this rate I should be back in profit next week. Fingers crossed.

My gambling portfolio is up 14.09% in two months.

Hurrah!

Thing is, if poor figures of any kind are expected, the markets will immediately factor that in.

They dont wait for the figures to be announced and then react.
Conversely if they expect the figures to be better than those announced the share price can drop, even if the figures are good.

A little update on my post of 29 May.

The 4 main reasons that the markets are currently overpriced is that they are factoring in:

1. A Covid vaccine will be found this year.

2. Most of the 10 + million currently on furlough will have a job to return to.

3. The economy is going to quickly rebound ( even though it hasn't finished sinking yet )

4. Central banks throwing money around like rice at a Chinese wedding.
Headline today

Covid-19 stimulus and vaccine hopes spark global stock rally
Obviously points 2 & 3 will not kick in until the latter part of the year.

I posted this on the 29 May

The 4 main reasons that the markets are currently overpriced is that they are factoring in:

Gambler strategy - Optimism V Pessimism.

1. A Covid vaccine will be found this year.

2. Most of the 10 + million currently on furlough will have a job to return to.

3. The economy is going to quickly rebound ( even though it hasn't finished sinking yet )

4. Central banks throwing money around like rice at a Chinese wedding.
I'll just leave this here for those that might find it informative, and might wish to recalibrate their current thinking.

Global stock markets are dangerously overvalued because investors are gambling that central banks will come to their rescue in another crisis, the International Monetary Fund warned.

Rejoice Rejoice

World markets have surged 18% this quarter
Global stock markets have enjoyed a sizzling quarter, even as the death toll from Covid-19 has marched higher and economies have fallen deep into recession.
It's only taken around 25 Trillions, and rising in funny money.

Recession is still getting deeper, unemployment is rocketing, but kept hidden by furlough schemes.

The '' Pop '' will be big, loud and brutal

Rejoice Rejoice

It's only taken around 25 Trillions, and rising in funny money.

Recession is still getting deeper, unemployment is rocketing, but kept hidden by furlough schemes.

The '' Pop '' will be big, loud and brutal
As long as the Governor of the Bank of England "We will do what ever it takes" means is that we can print as much funny money as we like.

Although the housing market seems to continue to be talked up by the interested parties.

Archie

As long as the Governor of the Bank of England "We will do what ever it takes" means is that we can print as much funny money as we like.
Of course we can - Absolutely no negatives whatsoever with that cunning plan.

Much of Wall Street’s gains in recent months has been driven by the trillions of dollars in stimulus from Congress and the Federal Reserve and by investors’ confidence that the Fed is prepared to take additional measures to support the economy and financial markets.

The current state of play with the Markets are built on quicksand, not good, solid fundamentals.

This rebuilding of the economy is being hyped by the Government - Boris is giving a speech as I type this, we will rebuild the economy as we did after WW2 and the Great Recession

After WW2 people got stuck in build things made things to replace bomb damage etc trouble is now we are a consumer driven economy and people have to spend to get the economy going, but if they do`n`t have money or are afraid of taking on debt then the economy will stagnate

The UK economy was in the crap before the CoVid black swan struck

Archie

Latest Threads