FTSE: 8000 by year end?

jg505

Old-Salt
@Archibald yeah I've never been one for shorting the markets, ok there's money to be made, and some people would have made ridiculous amounts with the way the market has fallen but there's something about it that doesn't sit right with me.

@LordVonHarley absolutely, due diligence is paramount and, whilst I have continued to support the area that I invest in, and have said I will further invest after this 'crash' like you, my powder is being kept dry....hoping to get in at the right time.

Best of luck at this time, and hope everyone has managed to buy some food.

There is much talk that companies that deliver or supply online services will do well this year.
Home schooling, Netflix's, Amazon, Tesco, Facebook, Instagram, Argos, Books, internet providers, IT hardware, on line course providers like Udemy etc.
Also running kit. It is a lone sport that can be done in isolation.

The market has been disrupted and people will make money from it. Will be doing my due diligence but for the time being I will be keeping my powder dry.

Good luck everyone.
... indeed .... problems can be opportunities in disguise when confronted by those who can think positively.

Keep dishing out '' Old's '' like a retarded child and I will continue to bring you deep joy and happiness.

The ASX 200 fell 8% on opening today.

How do you think the Footsies are going to fare on opening ?
Yes, the markets have fallen and will probably continue to do so for a while.

We know that, you dont have to keep in saying the same tedious thing.

Up your game or crawl away.

I think that the markets will react positively when Boris finally says its over, FTSE will raise and there will be a lot of FEMO - fear of missing out

The markets are driven by the juxtaposition of Greed & Fear

I would expect that bounce back to fall again when they get over the initial euphoria, when the realisation that this is going to be a long recovery to get over this one.

There will be people who have been in the City who have never experienced the previous falls, so they will have their enthusiasm curtailed somewhat

Archie

elovabloke

ADC
Keep dishing out '' Old's '' like a retarded child and I will continue to bring you deep joy and happiness.

The ASX 200 fell 8% on opening today.

How do you think the Footsies are going to fare on opening ?
Let's just try to be a bit more polite before I result to more permanent action.

You as well
We all know the markets have crashed and there is doom and gloom aplenty.

I've posted a lot that demonstrates how markets ALWAYS recover, and up to date articles showing what various people see as buying opportunities. I've posted example asset allocations for various timeframes, shown what actually happened in the aftermath of the '87 Crash and pointed out the importance of timescale.

I've posted from professional knowledge and experience.

And I've done it without acting like a petulant child, too.

elovabloke

ADC
I'm not getting into a pissing contest on here on who is right or who is wrong because there is only one winner . There is enough shit going on in the world at the moment without the normal children kicking off.

Just stick to the topic - while you are still able.

I'm not getting into a pissing contest on here on who is right or who is wrong because there is only one winner . There is enough shit going on in the world at the moment without the normal children kicking off.

Just stick to the topic - while you are still able.
I am.

The Fed has just signalled unlimited QE.

The sooner the GOP and Democrats can agree on the $2trn rescue package the better.

jg505

Old-Salt
Well my invested firm have stopped their buy back of shares and the SP has dropped by a further 10% today, yet the big financial firms have the SP at, currently, 54% above what it currently stands. I'm in tomorrow with a small drip feed payment.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
If the Market closes as some think it will, we will need to be sharp to get it right exactly when to buy when it reopens. I have already bought some Lloyds at 34p I feel okay with that, but it seems they may reach down to early 20?s or even further, I think there's money to be made with lloyds? Anyone here in doubt?

If the Market closes as some think it will, we will need to be sharp to get it right exactly when to buy when it reopens. I have already bought some Lloyds at 34p I feel okay with that, but it seems they may reach down to early 20?s or even further, I think there's money to be made with lloyds? Anyone here in doubt?
Financial companies like this are going to be in a difficult position with a very low interest rate their margin is squeezed quite considerably

I have a small holding of Lloyds shares I inherited in 2003, kept them at one time before the 2008 crash they were over £10 I think, decade later before this crash they were at 60p

Archie

jg505

Old-Salt
I don`t think that a lot of the companies listed on the stock exchange will be paying out much in dividends for the next couple of years

Archie
Like I say, the companies I invest in pay a good dividend, but that remains to be seen.

mcphee1948

Old-Salt
Are there a lot of people who don't contribute anything to society except gambling on the Stock Exchange?