ftrs

hi gents . what is the feeling about ftrs lads in regular units .ie are they treated any different or just accepted as one of the shopfloor any info on this would be great .cheers

smudge67 said:
It depends if you're a spanker or not?
Short, sweet and spot on.

claw said:
smudge67 said:
cheers for your reply
No problem. I wasn't taking the p1ss. That's about the long and short of it really. Knuckle down, have a laugh, and you'll get on ok.

smudge67 said:
claw said:
smudge67 said:
cheers for your reply
No problem. I wasn't taking the p1ss. That's about the long and short of it really. Knuckle down, have a laugh, and you'll get on ok.
what he said. The first FTRS guy I worked with was spot on and he was treated no differently to anyone else, nor should he have been.

The next guy I had working for me was a nightmare he had to be treated differently not because he was TA but because he was an absolute liability.

You won't be treated differently for being TA but you will if you are a dick.

claw said:
any experienvce with ftrs smudge .cheers mate if so would like to hear about it
I've got the same to say as Spaz to be honest. One guy in Bosnia was a good egg, worked hard, had the right attitude etc.

Another guy back in the UK was a complete prick, and a waste of skin.

You'll not be treated differently, unless you're a mong.

smudge67 said:
claw said:
any experienvce with ftrs smudge .cheers mate if so would like to hear about it
I've got the same to say as Spaz to be honest. One guy in Bosnia was a good egg, worked hard, had the right attitude etc.

Another guy back in the UK was a complete prick, and a waste of skin.

You'll not be treated differently, unless you're a mong.
its good to know that you get a fair crack of the whip when you go ftrs with the right attitude and its only you who makes it easy or hard for your self .thanks smudge an spaz

I did a tour in Bosnia as a TA bloke (a couple of years after completing my 22), there were other TA & Reservists in the LAD. I had to explain to one of the Cpls the difference in training between a Reg & TA VM, if they used him to his strengths & not put tasks on him that he wasnt capable of then they got more out of him.

All in all, as long as you put the effort in & are not gobby you should be alright. In this period of overstretch I would imagine it is all hands to the pumps.

Nobby

Had a couple of guys join us a few years ago; one was an ex 22 year guy, the other a LCpl who had been in the TA for about 5 years (I think!). Both were keen and eager to throw themselves into everything and were top blokes too.

The LCpl was a VM, but I think he worked in a supermarket or something mundane in real life!

claw said:
hi gents . what is the feeling about ftrs lads in regular units .ie are they treated any different or just accepted as one of the shopfloor any info on this would be great .cheers
I have an FTRS lad in my section, I've personally known him for about 10 years (that's about how long he's been doing the FTRS thing) and to be honest I'd trust him over most Regulars I know, excellent tradesman, the only problem comes from the blinkered cockends who don't understand what an FTRS bloke can bring to the table.

That said, to balance things up I've known a couple of FTRS who are absolute w@ankers who I wouldn't trust to sweep the shop floor. :D

Rockstar said:
Had a couple of guys join us a few years ago; one was an ex 22 year guy, the other a LCpl who had been in the TA for about 5 years (I think!). Both were keen and eager to throw themselves into everything and were top blokes too.

The LCpl was a VM, but I think he worked in a supermarket or something mundane in real life!
cheers for taking time to reply appreciate it .claw