Discussion in 'Sappers' started by sawcomm6, Jan 21, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone...I recently applied for an "operational ftrs" and after waiting over 2 months, Glasgow have got bk to me with a posting order of 21 Engineer Reg, (who I understand are due back off tour in the next couple of months!)

I explained that it was an operational tour I was after & ive been told thats all there offering...take it or leave it!..... :x

Now can anyone offer any advice, as I am given the impression the Corps is now full, which was far from the case when I left 1 year ago from the regs, (5 years service)..

Many thanks :eek:
  2. You're after an operational tour fella?

Should be no problem with the current op tempo, just join any Regiment and you're bound to find yourself building sandcastles within a year or so!
  3. Id gladly join any regiment, Uk or Germany, but my understanding is there is a 3 year cycle & if 21 are just coming home it could be another 3 years before I hit the beach! :eek:

I have already applied to be mobilised through Glasgow last summer,

However after waiting 4 months with no answer (they took my name, gave it to LAND...then after chasing it up every 2 weeks..they told me after 4 months I hadnt filled in the form on the reserves website..even after I asked them if i had to fill anything in!..."No..we just take your name/number & give it to LAND)!!! :cry: