FTRS Question

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by bibo_boy, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. Can anyone help?

    I someone goes FTRS from the TA, can they apply for family accomodation?

    Also if no, if they get the option to later transfer into the regs, can they get family accomodation then?

  2. The_Duke

    The_Duke LE Moderator

    As ever... it depends!

    I certainly had SFA whilst on FTRS, but I was on Full Commitment. You would need to check the regulations for limited or home commitment positions.

    If, note BIG if, you later transfer to regular service then all of the rules applying to regular service apply to you too.
  3. The Duke is correct. Check the terms of the contract. As I understand it:

    FC = YES
    LC/HC = NO, but you can apply for available accom but you will pay full "market rate". This could still be much cheaper than local hirings, as it includes Council Tax.

    I do know someone on LC who managed to blag SFA because he was separated and had access to his children, but I gather that he wasn't in any way entitled to subsidised accom.


  4. Cheers guy's