FTRS pay rank drop.

After a stressful negotiating period with APC Glasgow on pids and Job roles I've been offered a reasonable PID at a lower rank.

I'm Currently a Reservist on level 1 full screw

The FTRS is a PID for lance Corporal on full commitment. Will my current pay drop with the rank or can they match my current pay increment?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mine dropped with the rank, but I'm getting the lower wage 365 as opposed to the higher for 207...

Was that even negotiable?
I keep getting told different things by Glasgow themselves.
No, although I was initially told I'd still get my higher rate of pay despite being a lower rank...until I signed the contract...

No, although I was initially told I'd still get my higher rate of pay despite being a lower rank...until I signed the contract...
So chilwell emailed me and said I would be getting a top end pay for the lower rank,

Glasgow have told me it's on time served at that lower rank, because I jumped up from lance jack to full screw quickly I'm effectively going to be on the lowest pay band.

So I'm being penalised financially for promoting quick. They're going off my time served as a Lcpl.

At the end of the day, i think I'll be in the same boat as you boxy.

Self explanatory really.
Ok I'll re phrae that, once I had signed my contract I was contacted by somebody else at APDO informing me I had been misinformed previously and that my pay was that of my lower rank, I now get two payslips a month, one from the ATC(S) paying me nothing but at my higher rank and the second from the Bde HQ paying me at my lower rank...

So chilwell emailed me and said I would be getting a top end pay for the lower rank,

Glasgow have told me it's on time served at that lower rank, because I jumped up from lance jack to full screw quickly I'm effectively going to be on the lowest pay band.

So I'm being penalised financially for promoting quick. They're going off my time served as a Lcpl.

At the end of the day, i think I'll be in the same boat as you boxy.
Unless you tell them to take their unfilled post & poke it

New development.
received my commitment by fax.

my pay is being matched to what I'm on now, I did have to put up a fight to get this with help from my Chain of command though.

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Army Pay, Claims & JPA 5
T Army Reserve 9
T Army Pay, Claims & JPA 4