Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FTRS Pay Query

One for the pay guru's thank you.... heard tell that when you apply to the FTRS (HC) you can't earn more than when you were serving REG.

So if that is the case, if a Sgt left 3 years ago and applied now he would only get his pay as it was 3 years ago with any pension abated... and if a Sgt left in the last year, his pay would obviously be paid more taking into account any pay rises and would therefore be earning more than the other, though still doing the same job?

Or is everyone worked out at REG pay less the X factor of 14.5% and the pension is abated to make up the 14.5%...?????

Cheers :)

conjurer

Clanker
Multiplier tables are published each year which allow a regular wage x years ago to be updated to the year you are appointed to an FTRS post. if your actual FTRS wage and regular army pension are greater than your uplifted notional wage point your pension will be abated.

FTRS HC attract no X factor, FTRS LC attract 5%, FTRS FC attract 14..5%. It is the value of the pay packet not the commitment type you need to consider.

Offwidth

Swinger
Hi, slightly off topic from the original post, but I did not want to make a new topic for such a small query and this is the most recent post that appears in the search when looking for x-factor advise.

The website advertises the regulars pay after phase 2, e.g. £26,790. I presume that this already includes the 14.5% x-factor and is not £26,790 + 14.5% e.g. £30,540 (wow) ?

So if I was a L Cpl on the £26,790 band of pay, but as a ftrs, my base pay would be £23500, plus 14.5% if mobilised, plus 5% if on a full commitment FTRS role, no X factor if a home commitment role ?

Hi, slightly off topic from the original post, but I did not want to make a new topic for such a small query and this is the most recent post that appears in the search when looking for x-factor advise.

The website advertises the regulars pay after phase 2, e.g. £26,790. I presume that this already includes the 14.5% x-factor and is not £26,790 + 14.5% e.g. £30,540 (wow) ?

So if I was a L Cpl on the £26,790 band of pay, but as a ftrs, my base pay would be £23500, plus 14.5% if mobilised, plus 5% if on a full commitment FTRS role, no X factor if a home commitment role ?

Nope, you get 14.5% on FC whether you’re mobilised or sat in Tidworth, 5% for part-time reserve, and 0% for HC.

Offwidth

Swinger
Nope, you get 14.5% on FC whether you’re mobilised or sat in Tidworth, 5% for part-time reserve, and 0% for HC.
Thanks. And the 14.5% is included in the base salary advertised on the army websites role page, or is it additional? (90% sure I know this answer as 14.5% on top of say the lcpl pay of £26790 is pretty mega)

Thanks. And the 14.5% is included in the base salary advertised on the army websites role page, or is it additional? (90% sure I know this answer as 14.5% on top of say the lcpl pay of £26790 is pretty mega)
I think so. Not sure which supplement they quote from though.

Jemster

Swinger
All published Regular salary rates are inclusive of X-Factor. For Regular service X-Factor stays the same regardless of where you serve or what you are doing. X-Factor only varies for reserve service and the percentage is linked to the commitment level required for the role/engagement applied for.

Latest Threads