FTRS Notice period, can it be shortened ?

Discussion in 'AGC, RAPTC and SASC' started by two-four-albert, Aug 17, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning all,

I am currently serving on the FTRS (HC) contract and completed less than 1 year of a 2 year stint. There is though the possibility of being head hunted for a very high profile job on big bucks, nothing has yet been offered on paper but I am just forward planning if it does arrive. My question is about the notice period for FTRS which is stated as 6 months (by either party). Whilst it is nice to be head hunted and thought well of, I doubt they would wait this period of time. I am quite aware that I signed on the dotted line but my question is thrown to the Ninjas of the AGC who have helped many in the past, however I also expect a few replies suggesting I knock the RSM out or interfere with the CO's spaniel (hey it's Friday). Thanks in advance.
  2. Maybe try the TA forums?
  3. Maybe have to, just thought there may have been someone in the know here, cheers no probs.
  4. Just to close the loop (buzz word tastic), on further inspection of the small print, the notice period (either way) is 6 months but there is a clause that says in exeptional circumstances you are to apply in writing to your CO. Im guessing in the resignation type letter format, as NRPS can do it in a 61 day period I would assume it to be acceptable to align with this. Yes I know Ive answered my own question, however as knowledge is "The Bomb", I thought I would share the love ;-)
  5. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

I shortened an FTRS contract by the simple process of interview with the CO and making my case.

Assuming that:

a) You are not the most important man in the military machine and everything would fall apart if you are not there, and

b) You haven't called the CO nasty names or fiddled with his children recently

Then you should be able to reach a compromise.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Inform CoC of possibilities, request chat with CO - explain situation. (Don't expect the CO to help you pack your things.) :)

Good luck 24 Bert!
  7. Danke very much
  8. Letter done and accepted so stand by for take off
  9. It is doable, by the consent of both parties. Know a chap who wrapped on a language course and was gone within a week, voluntary withdrawal, like SF selection but, erm, not. Anyhoo that was FTRS(FC) so HC shouldn't be a drama.