FTRS HC Leaving

sjameson

Swinger
Hey guys and girls.

I am currently on an FTRS HC contract, have been now for 7 years with extensions etc.

I have applied to leave in May as I have a new job.

1. Do I qualify for resettlement?

2. When I attend Chilwell and Demob will that be me finished? I am due to leave on May 3rd but obviously Chilwell will be in April?

3. Do I qualify for termination leave?

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Stu

Your employing unit should have received demob instructions from APC.

Have a chat with the FTRS section at Glasgow, you should be able to find them on DII.

Did you ever read the contract?

The MoD will have you believe that what you signed was never a contract, just a rather one sided commitment. In other words, the sort of employment practice carried out by desperate employers who deliberately blur what is legal and moral in an attempt to recruit......

Hey guys and girls.

I am currently on an FTRS HC contract, have been now for 7 years with extensions etc.

I have applied to leave in May as I have a new job.

1. Do I qualify for resettlement?

2. When I attend Chilwell and Demob will that be me finished? I am due to leave on May 3rd but obviously Chilwell will be in April?

3. Do I qualify for termination leave?

Your help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Stu
1. Yes
2. Depends if you're VR or RR
3. Yes

6+ years continuous or aggregated, if no more than 3 months break. Check with you're IERO it's in JSP 534 if I recall correctly, if not get your RAO of his/her arrse!

Interesting Mob/FTRS (mostly FC) continuously since Apr 2009 so recon I could be in with a shout.

sjameson

Swinger
So I qualify for termination leave even though I am terminating my contract early?

Can you tell me what VR or RR is?? (Sorry) lol

So I qualify for termination leave even though I am terminating my contract early?

Can you tell me what VR or RR is?? (Sorry) lol
I used the 'VR' Volunteer Reserve to differentiate, although it's all Army Reserve (AR) now. A Regular Reserve (RR) would not return to an AR unit they just revert to being a Reg Reservist or RARO again whereas a VR on FTRS dismounting would return to their former unit (that's how the FTRS commitment works) or the unposted list or discharge if at retirement age.

Terminating your commitment early should not exclude you from entitlement to resettlement if you've done 6+ years, but you still might have to fight your corner!

Last edited:
The MoD will have you believe that what you signed was never a contract, just a rather one sided commitment. In other words, the sort of employment practice carried out by desperate employers who deliberately blur what is legal and moral in an attempt to recruit......
Unfortunately, the FTRS commitment is not a contract of employment nor even a contract of service, it's a 'commitment' under the Royal prerogative. No member of the AF has an employment contract. One would hope that the MOD would still honour their side of the FTRS commitment, but it's woefully not the case. Colleagues have experienced the multiple failure of para '4h', which provides for consent being required by the individual on FTRS if their TACOS is to be changed, but the MOD just ignores it.

walrusboy

War Hero
Just leave when you're ready and put on your out of office stating that messages won't be answered or forwarded. It'll be a year or two before anyone notices an FTRS absence.

Before you do think carefully about the demands of a job that requires actual work.

Just leave when you're ready and put on your out of office stating that messages won't be answered or forwarded. It'll be a year or two before anyone notices an FTRS absence.

Before you do think carefully about the demands of a job that requires actual work.
Same old blather, it's the same for every employee, put your hand in a bucket of water and when you extract it, the void is the total value of the loss! No one is invaluable or in-expendable, it's just a saving in the floor space and cashflow!

1969peps

Riddickulouse

You seem to know quite a bit about FTRS contracts, I have read up on a Project 21 which is reviewing the FTRS as part of a look at the Army, do you know of any considerations regarding the FTRS? for me it being a "commitment" as you put it does not leave a sense of security. I have not longed signed a five year contract but do wonder if a new review from the good ideas club may have my job simply re rolled removed etc.

Latest Threads