FTRS - Glasgow - IIP etc

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by BuggerAll, Oct 23, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've applied for an FTRS post. Applications had to be in by 12 Sep 05. According to the advert the post was due to start on 1 Oct 05 for a year. I was told by Glasgow that it was due to boarded on 17 Oct 05. I phoned the Glasgow on 19 Oct 05 and they had no info about the post or the board.

I know that the post is due to wound up in Jul 06 due to changes in C2 in the HQ concerned. The people I spoke to in Glasgow where unaware of this - although I know that they've been told.

I've looked at 2 FTRS posts before via thier website. In 1 case the job was boarded and given to a regular before the FTRS application were closed (it had been advertised in case none of teh candidates where suitable) and in the other case the job turned out not to exist.

Maybe I've just been unlucky but It seems to me that a lot of adverts for FTRS posts are kite flying exercises. It may make sense for the Army to throw up these kites on the off chance that they need the odd bod now and then, but is it good 'Investors in People' to be advertising jobs that don't exist.

It also does not suggest a switched on organisation that advertises a job as starting on 1 Oct 05 that suppossed to last for a year, which is not boarded until 17 Oct and finishes long before the year is up.

Oh yea and they tell me that if I get the post I'll have to go to Chillwell for a fortnight to to ITD etc.
  2. whhoooooooooo whooooooooooo deep joy the Armpit of England that is Chilwell :? treat it as it is, a means to an end, but at the very least, judging by other posts, you will have the weekends off :D
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Hmmm...interesting in the light of this:

Le Chevre
  4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've now been told that the job has been withdrawn. Is this typical or have I just been unlucky? Do most of the jobs advertised on the FTRS board exist?