FTRS..... again.

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Queensman, Apr 16, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I went for an interview yesterday for an FTRS post. All very interesting! A newly created job in a large static Station - I wondered on the way home quite why were the army inventing jobs specifically for FTRS bods? Seems to rather fly in the face of why the FTRS was 'invented', to me.

Not my problem - should be a cushy number and quite interesting, if I get it.
  2. Thats nothing have you seen some of the Posts on the OCE list!!!
  3. More FTRS posts coming out as they are stopping/converting NRPS to FTRS (HC) 2 years contracts.
  4. Can you give me more on that :?
  5. yeah and the linky pretty please
  6. I would be interested in that too although I would be more interested in an FTRS for 4 years with a tour in it would go down a treat at the mo
  7. Are all FTRS posts advertised on the RAOL or can i find vacancies somewhere else? Currently on FTRS but it finishes in Sepetember. The unit I am with are going back to the Uk but being fully manned it is looking doubtful that my contract will be extended so arriving back in the Uk looks like I will be jobless. I have seen a vacancy for a sgt but as I am a corporal can I apply? I have been doing a sgt post whilst on FTRS. It would be cheaper to pay me than the next rank up. Anyways, if anyone has any inside info of FTRS jobs coming up can you give me the heads up.

8. Stranger things have happened - I got offered the job!
  9. And we wonder why the MoD is in such a fucking state.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. msr

msr LE

Because it employs people like you?
  11. Haven't you been unemployed for ages?

I spent 7 hours today working for free because I'm dedicated to the cause, while other people aim for cushy numbers and take the piss. I'll take criticism from someone who actually has some credibility.
  12. msr

msr LE

How do I lack credibility?

Face it: the public sector is dole for the middle classes.

13. Do you actually know anything about the MoD? Apart from what you've read in online computer modules for your MK1, etc?
  14. msr

msr LE

15. Is that Supply Management (aka CIPS) who are one of the most Mickey Mouse Organisations going, talking about a report which was nigh on entirely discredited?

You've proved my point. Keep reading about stuff on the internet, while reaping in your job seekers allowance and leave the real work to others.