FTRS..... again.

I went for an interview yesterday for an FTRS post. All very interesting! A newly created job in a large static Station - I wondered on the way home quite why were the army inventing jobs specifically for FTRS bods? Seems to rather fly in the face of why the FTRS was 'invented', to me.

Not my problem - should be a cushy number and quite interesting, if I get it.

Thats nothing have you seen some of the Posts on the OCE list!!!

More FTRS posts coming out as they are stopping/converting NRPS to FTRS (HC) 2 years contracts.

Are all FTRS posts advertised on the RAOL or can i find vacancies somewhere else? Currently on FTRS but it finishes in Sepetember. The unit I am with are going back to the Uk but being fully manned it is looking doubtful that my contract will be extended so arriving back in the Uk looks like I will be jobless. I have seen a vacancy for a sgt but as I am a corporal can I apply? I have been doing a sgt post whilst on FTRS. It would be cheaper to pay me than the next rank up. Anyways, if anyone has any inside info of FTRS jobs coming up can you give me the heads up.

Thanks

Queensman said:
I went for an interview yesterday for an FTRS post. All very interesting! A newly created job in a large static Station - I wondered on the way home quite why were the army inventing jobs specifically for FTRS bods? Seems to rather fly in the face of why the FTRS was 'invented', to me.

Not my problem - should be a cushy number and quite interesting, if I get it.
Stranger things have happened - I got offered the job!

Queensman said:
Not my problem - should be a cushy number
And we wonder why the MoD is in such a fucking state.

StabTiffy2B said:
Queensman said:
Because it employs people like you?

msr said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Queensman said:
Because it employs people like you?
Haven't you been unemployed for ages?

I spent 7 hours today working for free because I'm dedicated to the cause, while other people aim for cushy numbers and take the piss. I'll take criticism from someone who actually has some credibility.

How do I lack credibility?

Face it: the public sector is dole for the middle classes.

msr

msr said:
StabTiffy2B said:
Haven't you been unemployed for ages?
Do you actually know anything about the MoD? Apart from what you've read in online computer modules for your MK1, etc?

Is that Supply Management (aka CIPS) who are one of the most Mickey Mouse Organisations going, talking about a report which was nigh on entirely discredited?

You've proved my point. Keep reading about stuff on the internet, while reaping in your job seekers allowance and leave the real work to others.

And those of us, whose money you are spending, can see it is not being spent wisely.

msr

msr said:

msr
Give it a rest, mucker, it's neither big nor clever nor original. Or are you seriously suggesting that we should have no Armed Forces, health service, emergency services, government etc?

CaptainPlume said:
msr said:

msr
Give it a rest, mucker, it's neither big nor clever nor original. Or are you seriously suggesting that we should have no Armed Forces, health service, emergency services, government etc?
The general state of efficiency within the Public Sector could lead to an unbiased observer feeling that value for money is of less importance to the Govt than keeping folk "employed" in make-work roles. We could do a lot more with the current spend, or we could achieve the same output for less money. In the current climate the latter gets my vote.

Thats an opinion based on observation of the NHS, employment in MOD, being a customer of local Govt and being employed in a couple of "Blue Chip" FMCG companies and employment in the "third sector" over the years. Bottom line is the Public Sector use a lot more folk to achieve the same levl of output as a top line private operation. .

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Army Reserve 0
W Infantry 6
Ventress Finance, Property, Law 9