FTRS Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by patriotgames, Mar 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am going to be joining in the next month or so, i am wanting to go out on a FTRS to Afghanistan once fully trained, is this realistic? also i will either be joining as a signaler or storeman which of these jobs would be more desireable to the army for going FTRS?

Anything else i need to be aware of with regards to this you think i need to be aware of please feel free to enlighten me.

Thanks

2. Sorry, do you mean a tour in Afg, or to do FTRS with a reg unit who may then be going to Afg?

3. I mean with a reg unit.

4. Get your name down for tour. It's pretty much FTRS, given that you are serving a period of what is basically full-time service1

5. Thats what I was thinking. On a tour you are a reservist working fulltime. If you want to do a tour tho, thats generally not termed FTRS. Unless you actually wanted to do FTRS, which is time spent with a reg unit. Who may then do a tour. Or maybe not for awhile.

At least thats how I understand it :?

Do you want to join the TA and do a tour with a reg unit?

Or do you want to join the TA then get into a reg unit via FTRS?

If you want to be part of a reg unit long term and not just for a tour, why not go reg?

6. I m not keen on going reg, just want to do a tour see what its like then maybe keep going back.