Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Frozen British Pensions

Has anyone ever asked why they chose to move when they know they will receive less?

When my parent migrated to Canada I need the 1960s, this wasn’t common knowledge. Some found out the hard way. Luckily mine worked for companies over here that provided good plans

5cf9376f-a215-41a9-8c00-3a1192b885dc.jpg

Dear ICBP Supporter,

Thank you so much to the many who voted in the Express poll, which now records 90% of respondents as living with a ‘frozen pension’, we have truly made our voices heard and my apologies again to those who had trouble accessing the poll. I am now writing to ask for your help with building our campaign on the ground in the UK. What we would like you to do is to contact your family and friends in the UK to ask them to take a stand on the issue of frozen pensions and join the UK-based campaign at Family Member or Friend Sign-up Form - End Frozen Pensions.

The Government have once again laid the Statutory Instrument that denies us our full state pensions for another year. Our campaign team in the UK are working hard to disrupt this in the UK by enlisting MPs to lay questions on the issue and call on the Speaker and the House Authorities to separate the issue of frozen pensions from the other important social security benefit increases in the Statutory Instrument, so that MPs get a fair chance to vote on the issue.

Sir Peter Bottomley MP has bravely laid an Early Day Motion praying against the Statutory Instrument – but this puts him in the position of having to stand against other important social security benefits, most MPs are not willing to do this.

What we need is for our supporters in the UK to contact their MPs and call on them to take a stand.

MPs are much more likely to respond to the calls of their constituents and so I ask if you can encourage all your family and friends who are still based in the UK to sign up to the campaign at this form Family Member or Friend Sign-up Form - End Frozen Pensions to register their willingness to help so that our campaign team can contact them with ways they can support our cause.

John J Duffy - Chairman, ICBP
follow on Twitter | friend on Facebook | forward to a friend
Copyright © 2019 International Consortium of British Pensioners, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in at our website.
Our mailing address is:
International Consortium of British Pensioners
202 - 4800 Dundas Street West
Toronto, Ontario M9A 1B1
Canada
Add us to your address book

unsubscribe from this list | update subscription preferences

So, if I move to the UK, I get to keep my generous, tax-free, pensions, and they still increase with the US index?

Could be lucrative any way Brexit lands...