Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Front page of the Times, whats that weapon?


War Hero
copied the photo and blew it up - its blurred but I can just make out a SUSAT between his hand and ammo pouch. So with that in mind cancel my last
you mean this picture?

The two on the right, one has a minimi (the one further away) the other a Gimpy (the one closest to camera)

The weapon on the left looks like an LRAC-89, I have no idea if royal uses them or not but they do use other bits of french kit so I don't see why not.


Don't fight the white, Mark1234, it's an SA80A2 with UGL and LLM. Common stuff now.


I have to side with the majority, SA80A2 with UGL and LLM. As someone said earlier, you can just make out the SUSAT behind his hand.


Look, it's the bloody standard issue British rifle (call it what you will) with a UGL and LLM. What else would it be?

Deleted 20555

Well it's def not an Lrac - bloody great fibreglass tube about the size (but not the weight) of a Carl Gustav

Deleted 16817

SomersetMan said:
Please chaps, Ive been out a few years, whats a UGL or a LMM?


UGL = Under-slung grenade launcher
LLM = some kind of laser or something along those lines

Latest Threads