From You(red)tube to Ipod hows it done?

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by joey_deacons_lad, Oct 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a 30 gig ipod which i have owned for Two years and it has the grand total of 300 or so songs on it due to my laziness and fussy taste in music. So can anybody give me an idiots guide on ripping streaming media and converting it to the right file type for my ipod as it's really just being wasted with my paltry music collection

2. Just do a general search for programmes that convert media to MP4-most of them have trial versions.Be careful of copyright issues on stuff you intend to convert though-a lot of streaming videos have been ripped-off!

3. I wondered about that. I have downloaded a few You Tube songs and put them on the auld iPod Touch as MP3s for the Gym etc.

As I am not Filesharing them is it actually illegal to download & convert them ?

4. Been using one called Videora iPod touch Converter from download.com recently, the free version has annoying adverts all over it but the software works OK, only snag I found was to make sure you select the correct version of Ipod you have or it wont play

5. OK the ipod problem solved now how does one get more ahem "artistic" video's

6. This was ideal for youtube and easy to use
    This has gotten me a nice video of Liz Vicious doing what she does best on my ipod and easy to use too thanks to all who replied