From today's local 'comic'.

Morning All,
As per title, this particular paper regularly has anecdotes such as this one and opinions from various retired Generals, about historical and on-going military operations.
I wuz never a hossifer but thought someone might like read them, so I'll throw them here.
Screenshot_20200806-154652_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20200806-165624_Photos.jpg

Look. It's a bit hard to read like that but I would contend could be very interesting. Would you type it all out so it becomes more reader friendly. Thanks. :cool:

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Morning All,
As per title, this particular paper regularly has anecdotes such as this one and opinions from various retired Generals, about historical and on-going military operations.
I wuz never a hossifer but thought someone might like read them, so I'll throw them here.
View attachment 494955

View attachment 494956
No disrespect intended old chap but the 'dit' from good old Lt Gen Ranjit Singh (Rtd) is possibly the most boring attempt at a story I have yet to bother reading. Must be a laugh a minute with him on the lash.

How awfully amusing.

morsk

LE
You want me to read a news article that appears to be cropped on the right hand side?

Yeah, we'done mate. Not happening, especially if it is as 'hilarious' as the first one.

No disrespect intended old chap but the 'dit' from good old Lt Gen Ranjit Singh (Rtd) is possibly the most boring attempt at a story I have yet to bother reading. Must be a laugh a minute with him on the lash.
Wrote a letter, turned up, waited on the platform, phoned generals house, went to mess, were alone, own letter arrived, ripped it up
Hilarity ensued

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Wrote a letter, turned up, waited on the platform, phoned generals house, went to mess, were alone, own letter arrived, ripped it up
Hilarity ensued
You are not wrong. However, the missing elements of that brilliant letter/dit (unfortunately cropped as stated above) reveal that later that night........

The Generals wife (mentioned discreetly earlier in the letter) rocks up to the Mess effing fuming, and I mean effing fuming, that 2 NIG subalterns would dare to ring her on a "fcuking Sunday night you caants" (her words).

2nd Lt Rangit Singh and his mate 2nd Lt Micheal Caine decide to get her as pissed as possible on Babysham (the draft stuff mind, not the bottled crap) to "calm the old bat down a bit" (their words) and she ends up on the snooker table being doubled teamed by the 2 subbies with the Mess barman taking photo's. The General, being a right top character of course, was sat chuckling in his favourite Chesterfield armchair, nursing a glass of the finest port and enjoying the show (it was rumoured that he was having a gay affair with the QM anyway).

They get interrupted by an officious looking twat from the Indian TELECOM company wanting to know why 2 halfwits have smashed up a phone booth at the railway station in an act of utter frustration and sensless violence.

I believe the story continues but I cannot recall what happed next.

Morning All,
It was a shit dit but an Indian hossifer shit dit. The General's view on J&K I thought might be of interest to those on here. It was cropped as close as possible but the whole article is there.
I'm a technosaur so just photograph, crop and screenshot then post. I don't even know how to cut and paste:rolleyes:.
I'll continue to throw them here unless it's a wasted effort.
Today's offering.
20200807_141911.jpg

Last edited:
Have a like for persevering in the face of great adversity.

Hilarity ensued
you missed “last in the ante-room is the subby’s toast rack'.

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
WTF is this all about? Hi jinks in the officer's mess of the 281st Bengali prancers?
images (4).jpg

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Mindful that this thread could turn into an Arrse classic (or possibly not) here is a source from some proper British Mess tales and the third one contains dits from a British General no less.
Though of course not as side splitting as the Indian attempt.
OBYcQeG4SfKEP3CXX6Pk2Q.jpg
4C5qYE6bRLiHT4dQMRPqiQ.jpg
q57TZG8gQXyq3JOTa0rgNg.jpg

WTF is this all about? Hi jinks in the officer's mess of the 281st Bengali prancers?
View attachment 495168
As a failed 'Potential Occifer' I believe it's my duty to respectfully advise the Moderators that some very coarse elements of the common soldiery have managed to gain admittance to this thread.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
As a failed 'Potential Occifer' I believe it's my duty to respectfully advise the Moderators that some very coarse elements of the common soldiery have managed to gain admittance to this thread.
Grass.

Morning All,
Today's offering.
Screenshot_20200811-095310_Photos.jpg

E2a: As there was such a positive response to the 'shit dit' in post #1, here's another one to enjoy;).
Screenshot_20200812-081422_Photos.jpg

Last edited:

Sexton Blake

Old-Salt
Morning All,
Today's offering.
View attachment 496361

E2a: As there was such a positive response to the 'shit dit' in post #1, here's another one to enjoy;).
View attachment 496362
Your seemingly dogged determination to persist with this line of attack is most admirable. Indeed, in the words of George Galloway himself, I salute your indefatigability Sir and have awarded you another like.

Is this going to be a daily or just a weekly treat for us?

Your seemingly dogged determination to persist with this line of attack is most admirable. Indeed, in the words of George Galloway himself, I salute your indefatigability Sir and have awarded you another like.

Morning @Sexton Blake,
Don't shoot the messenger;) but they are once a week usually. As long as the 'comics' are available I'll throw them here.

Including the riveting anecdotes.

Latest Threads