From the pages of Private Eye

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by error_unknown, Mar 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't know if this has been flagged up in another forum but from the latest edition of the Eye

Number Crunching

Minimum wage for privates in British Army serving in Iraq following public sector pay review last week

Minimum wage for Geoff Hoon, defence secretary, following public sector pay review last week.

No further comment needed really
  2. Someone should make a poster of this before the election.

3. But only TCH could do his job, he's unique.
    Nominations for anyone who could do it worse?
  4. Graucho Marx
  5. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

Well you can start with the 600+ other politicians currently in parliament, each and every one of whom has the personal motto - 'Sod the job, look after No 1'.
  6. my dog!!

wait no, sorry he couldnt, he has a modicum of intelligence and doesnt blame other dogs when he makes a mess! :twisted:
  7. Nobody could do it worse than that t@sser :roll:
  8. OK I'm not saying he deserves £113k but let's be real. The post is one of the hardest jobs in government and should have a hefty salary attached. Done well, I think that a minister should earn that much.
  9. I agree a minister should earn that much. Now will TCH get off his fatarse and start earning it.
  10. remember that it's not only his salary which is a reward for being BLiar's pal, plus he'll get an automatic peerage as well as non-executive directorships on loads of companies and all the other perks which will make him a multi-millionaire. Every one of our senior politicians goes on to become extremely wealthy - even if they're corrupt beyond belief (Archer, Mandelson, Aitken...) - cos they get the contacts. Jobs for the boys.

I think TCH deserves to be strung up. Imagine the laughing stock - proud Sergeant Major looking up at his Warrant parchment thingy and seeing the signature of that nosher on it. How embarassing!
  11. Sir John Nott.
  12. Not forgetting ofcourse the very nice pension recently negotiated with Norwhich Union they will all get, and oh yes thats right it is a hell of a lot more than the one forced upon you
  13. Good drills Flash!! :D
  14. Apologies for being stupid, but what's TCH? I'm guessing it refers to that t**t Hoon?