Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From Portsmouth to Odesa, UK and Ukraine naval cooperation on show as Ukrainian President visits HMS Prince of Wales

The UK and Ukraine underlined their commitment to future defence cooperation by signing a Memorandum of Intent on Wednesday aboard aircraft carrier HMS Prince of Wales.

Continue reading...

Yokel

LE
Britain had a programme to train the Polish forces? From Hitler's rise to the annexation of the Sudetenland, the Western allies did nothing in response to Nazi aggression such as tearing up treaties to limit German military power to the reoccupation of the Rhineland.

NATO is all about deterrence. Current exercises and deployments are part of that, including the current exercises in the Mediterranean and Black Sea. Likewise other activities such as the Joint Warrior exercises.

Any news of the loan we are supposed to be giving to Ukraine to build naval vessels, and the first two ships being built in the UK?

How long before HMS Prince of Wales visits Odessa? That will annoy Vlad . . . !!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yokel

LE
How long before HMS Prince of Wales visits Odessa? That will annoy Vlad . . . !!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Most likely never - the Montreux convention prohibits the passage of aircraft carriers through the Bosporus between the Mediterranean and the Black Sea, and we tend to obey that sort of treaty. The Russians argue that their carriers are missile cruisers that also carry aircraft.

Better to use the carriers to demonstrate our ability to protect crisis response shipping and to reinforce the flanks - see NATO naval operations ion peacetime.

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
I know it's all lovely and stuff cuddling up to Ukraine, but if there's anything guaranteed to get under the Kremlin's foreskin, it's playing silly buggers in their near abroad and encouraging foolishness on the part of near abroad states, which we'll never support past.a few stiff words in the UN. Ask the Georgians.

This is a foolish point-scoring provocation and may well generate all manner of false hopes in Kiyiv.

Latest Threads