From Pirbright to Bassingbourne?????

Was lookin for some help here!

Joinging the R.E.M.E n was ment to do me basic training at Pirbright, Now it has been changed to Bassingbourne!

Has any1 been changed aswell or know anything more about this???

My mate had the same done to him, he's joining the RLC, thing is they didnt give him much notice, it was only 1 week before his start date that they had told him he's off to bass' instead, so had to quickly rush to change his travel warrants and stuff.

I was at bassingbourn its a great camp and some great staff, to be honest id prefer to go there instead of pirbright due to there being alot less recruits, nothing worse than lining up at the NAFFI at night and having 5 different platoons waiting when you need to get something quickly!

Anyway good luck to you mate,

FYI i was in Korea Platoon, Templer COY Jan 2007, if you get put into templer (black slide) consider yourself to be in the best ;) we won the drill comps and CO comps about 4 years consecutively in a row.

FrostyBadger said:
Same here, going for REME and thought pirbright.

When lichfield closed they seem to have moved everything round to suit.
I talk to an instructor who was based at lichfield, he said that pirbright is the main all-corps ATR, and they are now using bassingbourn as an overflow camp.

Ai cheers lads!

Was worrying there but its all sorted!
Parently they puttin recruits there cause they are trying to change the regiments to different places, my recruiting officer said dat but theres alot of different things being handed out!

And hopefully the women do get changed over to bassingbourne aswell or it'll all be wanking in the bogs!
:L

Its a good camp Bassingbourn, the staff here are pretty awesome, if your put into Tobruk Platoon you will be with the best staff on camp too.

Tobruk???

Are recruits split into different sections??

All REME standard entry recruits go to Bassingbourn now (previously Pirbright but there has been a recent reorg of trg establishments). All girls (whatever their capbadge) go to Pirbright. Bassingbourn is a far nicer place to do your trg !

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Ruta said:
Tobruk???

Are recruits split into different sections??
They are called either troops or platoons, depending on your capbadge. Obviously there are different 'sections' It would be rather difficult having just one platoon of 240 people.

And for whomsoever said Bassingbourn is where the fanny is; I suspect the gym queens may well love you!

No female trainees here now.

old_fat_and_hairy said:
No female trainees here now.
*Sigh*Make the most out of the polish birds in the mess when you get here, after week 5 you get to the point when 'von bacon, von sausage' begins to sound in your own head as 'me love you looong time...'. One week till i pass out, wonder if they'll give a pic to remember them by, not likely! :D

Ruta said:
Ai cheers lads!

Was worrying there but its all sorted!
Parently they puttin recruits there cause they are trying to change the regiments to different places, my recruiting officer said dat but theres alot of different things being handed out!

And hopefully the women do get changed over to bassingbourne aswell or it'll all be wanking in the bogs!
:L
You'll be wankin in the bogs anyway mate, if you get caught within arms reach of a female youll get busted for fraternization and probably sent to the guardroom on AGAI for a week (been there, done that, not nice at all...) haha

Still though, didnt stop some recruit from my platoon (korea platoon) shaggin the naffi bird behind the workshops after midnight (this was at bassingbourn)... 8O

pilko said:
because Pirbright has been made a female camp so everyone else goes to bassingbourn.....so they told me at adsc but you know how reliable the recruitment sources are
Pirbright is 2/3 male and 1/3 female, so they say... still though i think theres around 1000 recruits so 300ish females is still alot of fanny to gander upon 8)

David2008 said:
pilko said:
because Pirbright has been made a female camp so everyone else goes to bassingbourn.....so they told me at adsc but you know how reliable the recruitment sources are
Pirbright is 2/3 male and 1/3 female, so they say... still though i think theres around 1000 recruits so 300ish females is still alot of fanny to gander upon 8)
I start at pirbright next week (8th december) cant wait. even tho i should of been goin to bassingbourn cus im RE they av sent me pirbright insted

jnr_mjh said:
David2008 said:
pilko said:
I start at pirbright next week (8th december) cant wait. even tho i should of been goin to bassingbourn cus im RE they av sent me pirbright insted
Nice one mate, good luck to you too im sure youll have a right laugh as we all did in basic :D if any of you guys get put into korea platoon send me a PM, theres a corporal there that made a bet with me that id re-join, i cant say his name in public, but i want to be honest and give him the 50 quid haha cos he won the bet :p and he always was curious to find out if i was goin to stick with the AAC if i rejoined (theres a hint he is a blu-tac head, but im not giving a name here, only on PM)

well, i really i'm confused.com now, i mean i am female and i was tld i wud be off to pirbright, well if its been made so, pirbright's goin to be an all female camp, then i guess i aint got much to worry about where i wud be goin, but i have a mate, a guy, who's currently at pirbright, its a whole lotta confusion man...

janedoe said:
well, i really i'm confused.com now, i mean i am female and i was tld i wud be off to pirbright, well if its been made so, pirbright's goin to be an all female camp, then i guess i aint got much to worry about where i wud be goin, but i have a mate, a guy, who's currently at pirbright, its a whole lotta confusion man...
Pirbright used to be all female (i think) but not anymore, its now an ATC instead of an ATR so takes a sh1t load of recruits at once. bassingbourn is for RLC, RAC etc. and i think its now all males and junior entry recruits. pirbright now handles about 70% of the army recruits (exc. the infantry). So your more than likely going to pirbright if you wer told that you are. i have male and female friends that passed out of pirbright recently.