from Old English White to green moss and rust

With the luggage bay all welded up, I painting it with hard wearing rust preventative garage door paint by hand brush. The same will go for the inside of the engine bay, the wheel arches, belly and floor. I used this on my Morris Minor pickup wheel arches, chassis and under floor area in 2009 and there's no sign of trouble there.
View attachment 476114
What’s the make and brand of that door paint Sprocket old chap. Might do the wheel arch’s on the Transit.

skeetstar

Old-Salt
Steel, below the waterline? Surely that would be very heavy, though thinking about it, steel would strength where most needed, I imagine a landing on anything other than a glass calm would put a lot of stresses on the lower hull.

anglo

LE
Steel, below the waterline? Surely that would be very heavy, though thinking about it, steel would strength where most needed, I imagine a landing on anything other than a glass calm would put a lot of stresses on the lower hull.
Weighed 18 imperial tons, no fuel

while poking around with a screwdriver, found a new rust hole on the body above the rear nearside wing.
new hole above whel arch close up.png

inside the same wheel arch, made a shaped piece to finish off this corner.
inside the wheel arch easy sanded.png

here's the rusty hole this corner was earlier in the year.
well lite jagged rust hole.png

going back further before the floor pan was separated.
heater channel tail end left rusted out.jpg

Last edited:
to the front, sanded smooth, wiped off with panel wipe....
ready for some garage door paint.png

and given two coats of Hammerite garage door paint.
in black paint.png

I'm sure I've asked before...

Are you going over the garage door paint or does it not matter as its under a carpet ?

I'm sure I've asked before...

Are you going over the garage door paint or does it not matter as its under a carpet ?
carpet, sound deadening layers, or out of sight as in the belly and inner wheel arches, the exterior body will be white.