from Old English White to green moss and rust

Truxx

LE
Hotrod it is then.......
Ahh but head and heart stuff.

My head says the 8 would be ample, compact and relatively easy to design the cooling system but my heart says the 2 stroke V12.

Sadly they never had Chrysler multibanks in these particular chassis. Or the radial. Shame.

Ahh but head and heart stuff.

My head says the 8 would be ample, compact and relatively easy to design the cooling system but my heart says the 2 stroke V12.

Sadly they never had Chrysler multibanks in these particular chassis. Or the radial. Shame.

V12. Unless of course a V16 will fit in the hole?
Besides, the bigger the Detroit, the nicer the noise!
Will the wrong engine massively affect the value? Or simply being a runner/driver still appeal to buyers?

Truxx

LE
V12. Unless of course a V16 will fit in the hole?
Besides, the bigger the Detroit, the nicer the noise!
Will the wrong engine massively affect the value? Or simply being a runner/driver still appeal to buyers?
Not for me to decide but my advice would be stick with the V8. Smooth, similar HP to the original (esp in turbo form) and with power and torque characteristics not dissimilar to the original. Sure it might be worth less, but without a beating heart it is just a skip on tracks.

look what arrived today in a massive cardboard box, one day ahead of schedule.
rear clip arrives.png

makes it even more frustrating I can't crack on, ruddy ear infection,
rear clip arrives b.png

here it is ready for marking up.
rear clip arrives c.png

hope you don't mind me using your image to compare my cut line.
cut line drawn on right inner wing.png

trux location of inner rear wing.jpg

they look similar, and the left side one is short by a couple of inches, I have the same part, so I'll cut back taking the short inner wing on that side into consideration.

I came backward with my cut line by 40mm, better to have too much metal than too little.
rear inner cut off.png

a rough trial fit, I can mark off the extra metal of the old inner wings using the new section.
first trial fit.png

spent this saturday morning using the deck lid as a point of reference, a tap here....
deck lid trial fit.png

from underneath, there is a lot of adjustment to be done.
deck lid trial fit from underneath.png

to be quite honest, I couldn't make head nor tail of it, the task seemed impossible, after a few days rest and recovery from my ear infection, the world seemed a different place, I'm not 100% still, but I'm in a better place, I could split the job down into manageable tasks, starting with this.
right side engine bay lower repair cut out rust.png

the new Engine bay shelves weld to this area so I need new steel in here. Cut free I can use it as a pattern to make a cardboard template, always use cardboard, cereal box for breakfast food, a pizza box, so long as it's clean and flat.
right side engine bay lower repair marking out in card.png

the curve in the piece was the same curve on one of my bodywork dollies.
right side engine bay lower repair shaped on the dolly a.png

so I hammered it to shape and bent the join to match the original piece.
right side engine bay lower repair shaped on the dolly.png

clamped into position with the tab to the right bent to 90' to give me something to weld to when I replace the rust to the right wall.
right side engine bay lower repair clamped in position a.png

the repair piece welded in, I'll give it a coat of primer to hold off surface rust till I get to weld the engine bay side shelf to it.
right side engine bay lower repair finished.png

Now for the left side.
left side engine bay lower repair cut out rust.png

Latest Threads