from Old English White to green moss and rust

I was considering horns that played Britannia rules the waves, but it's a Gerry car so maybe the Panzer Lied song.
Anything by the Beetles?

cut the foot off only so far, leaving the support bracket in place behind it.
Test fitting the well floor panel, it has a rolled top edge, odd.
foot cut off test fit of floor.png

with the rolled top edge hammered flat, a quick re test fit using a clamp to hold it in the right place.
foot cut off test fit of floor clamped.png

I've drilled holes along the top edge to spot weld it in.
holes drilled in floor well pan.png

Truxx

LE
The grand-daughters, just before her mum gets to work with the sandblaster. The only consolation with sandblasting is that the shell will never look worse.
20200306_114217.jpg

I know it's early days, and running gear is a bit over the horizon.
We had one of the first auto 1500cc Beetles in stunning Amplivox hearing aid beige.
1586361929373.png

Point was this F plate came with front discs and as far as I recall double jointed rear swing arms which ( and this is from the year of the great Glasgow 1968 killer storm days).... memory wise it transformed stopping and cornering..especially with these new fangled radials! Seemed to help if the rear wheels remained vertical.
Are you going total "correct"?

I know it's early days, and running gear is a bit over the horizon.
We had one of the first auto 1500cc Beetles in stunning Amplivox hearing aid beige.
View attachment 463847
Point was this F plate came with front discs and as far as I recall double jointed rear swing arms which ( and this is from the year of the great Glasgow 1968 killer storm days).... memory wise it transformed stopping and cornering..especially with these new fangled radials! Seemed to help if the rear wheels remained vertical.
Are you going total "correct"?
is this what you mean, Duckman is fitting them being helped by the large breasted young woman from next door.

marked up ready to cut off the foot of the new repair panel.
cut line marked with tape.png

cut off and offered up, just a few adjustments and it'll go on fine.
foot test fitted.png

checking the floor position using the front valance held on with it's own sprung pressure
test fit of front valance.png

from inside checking the panels all meet
inside the new panels b.png

got the right foot welded on.
foot welded on.png

Front valance tac welded in, Mickeys got a new nose! but I'm all in, so I'm leaving seam welding it, till later.
front valance tac welded on.png

opened up the double doors to have a sweep out and turn Mickey around to work on the engine compartment, the nose is done.
nose welded in a.png

I should find an old image to compare before and after, I'll do that when the tail end is done.
nose welded in b.png

Latest Threads