From Leon,with love

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Random_Task, Feb 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please will you use a 'tissue index' if you post anything more like that - I was crying at the first line. Heartbreaking, but at least his loved ones know how he felt.
  2. Heartbreaking. May God rest him.
  3. I hope he brought a grain of comfort to his parents. Sleep well fella.
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

This letter will no doubt bring much more comfort to his loved ones than any number of mealy-mouthed soundbites from politicians, or carefully crafted 'personal' letters from Bliar.

Kudos to the family for having the courage to publish it. I hope it makes some people realise just how young some of these lads are.
  5. Blimey! Speechless. RIP mate.
  6. What a lovely thing for Leon to do!

Very sad that his parents had to read it!

But what a lovely way to leave things !

RIP Mate!
  7. A thoroughly decent young man who is a credit to his family. He is undoubtedly with the Lord, and will watch over those he loved until they are reunited with him.

You are an example to us all Leon.
  8. Good drills, inspired idea, mush have been hard to write but an "eyes wide open" approach to the job.
    Rest well
  9. It was published before, soon after his tragic death and made me boo like a baby then. Having read it again, it loses no power and I am again sitting with a lump the size of a cricket ball in my throat. RIP and God protect his family.
  10. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Gulp, brought a tear to my eye.
  11. Yep mine as well rest easy mate
  12. Blimey. Stunning. RIP young Leon, you were a Lion.
  13. I have to come back to this to say that if its any consolation to his family and friends,Young Leon showed me with these few words that British soldiers really are the best thing to come out of this Country and Politictions will forever live in their shadows
  14. Clucking Bell, I'm glad my office has got a locked door to it otherwise my street cred would have gone straight out of the window.

Rest easy young fella, what an absolutely selfless thing to do.