From another board....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Biscuits_Brown, Dec 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As we all prepare to celebrate Christmas, whatever it means to us, and exchange messages of goodwill I thought I'd share this with you. Shamelessly copied from another board.

2. Omnia iam fient fieri quae posse negabam. ~ Everything which I used to say could not happen will happen now.----Ovid

3. You don't get invited to many parties BB do you?

4. Boss has a book of useful quotes! Still struggling with English personally, and waiting for the chancce to use the catapault one!

5. Was'nt trying to make light of the post though, still I expect his family got a nice machine signed letter from Bumsfelt.

Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum viditur.

6. Hard to know whether to weep gallons or just vomit. The Americans, bless them, think that this sort of thing is not only cutesie and memorable, but disseminable to the world at large. It isn't, in my own humble opinion, and should only be held to the chest of the closest of family members and treasured there, where it will surely be deeply and rightly respected. The rest of us don't Need to Know; we have the Sun, Express, Mail and Mirror to give us Stories to Warm the Heart, and with less purple prose, in most cases. I wonder whether he was the driver who drove his tank into the canal.......?

7. If you look it up on snopes it likely is classed as false like the rest of such stories.
    Probably written by someone who does not serve in any military.