Frogs on Strike?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by BuggerAll, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I've just had an e-mail from my Dad. He is in Paris visiting my sister who has the poor taste to live there. Apparently the Frogs are on strike.

Nobody seems to know why other than thats what they do when not hoisting 'le bunting blanc'.

Any one any idea whats upset M Craphaud this time?

2. Life?
    Not being English?

3. french government not doing enough to safeguard jobs and the economy. Though I'm sure striking isn't going to do it much good either

4. Just caught the back end of it on the news.

Seems the ordinary working people aren't happy that the goberment has been bailing out the banks, big business, etc and they are not getting a piece of the pie.

5. It is because the White Flag factory is closing down and they will have none left for the next time

6. BuggerAll

That avatar is wrong in so many ways, You are a cnut!

7. BuggerAll

Would they want pie? Surely some ghastly frickasee or small bird that has been tortured first.

8. And you are an ARRSE :lol:

9. BuggerAll

True, but I can't stand to look at that creature..

10. And what is wrong with Gordon Blair, or is it Tony Brown

11. The French are on strike? No no no, you must be mistaken surely? That must come as a shock to most of the world...

12. It'll be us next if I can wrench people out of their apathy. Not an easy task though....here, we don't have the moral fibre needed to tear ourselves away from Jeremy Kyle and out into the cold.

13. More details...

"Hundreds of thousands of workers went on strike Thursday across France, snarling transportation and closing post offices and schools in a wave of discontent with President Nicolas Sarkozy’s response to the economic crisis..".

"...The unions have called on the government to make employment its top priority, bolster household purchasing power, reduce income inequality and regulate banks more stringently. Those demands have resonated with a public that has been calling for better public services, even as the government has been pushing ahead with reform plans that would cut public-sector jobs, particularly among teachers..."

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/30/world/europe/30france.html?ref=world

14. Nothing new there then, they did it twice in the 20th centuary.

1914 and again in 1939!

15. Has anyone noticed? Johnny Gauloise is always on strike, what is it this time, more free money like all the other times?