Frimley ALM Course- Adult Leadership

Discussion in 'ACF' started by tom_dkg, Feb 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In line with some of the discussion from a recent thread, and the general agreement, it would seem, of the CoC, that improvement in adult standards is a "good thing", this is the new course.

This is the one from April 2012 without which the SI to SSI or 2nd Lieutenant to Lieutenantpromotion will not occur. It is a pass/fail course. (There are grandfather rights for some who have done some courses at Frimley before).

Certainly many years back when I took on a detachment, it would have been a good start point. for me.

2. What about the CCF...................................... Thought so.
  3. :)

I don't know much about CCF training at all.

You are of course correct, this is one for ACF only.
  4. And here lies a very big problem. The cadet organisation is all inclusive and “cadets are cadets”. I believe these courses would also be relevant to CCFs (if modified). ACF bleat about CCFs being crap but yet the cadet organisation is not willing to offer rounded qualifications for all.

If CCFs were given the same qualification opportunities in senior management then they would lessen many of the issues they have in junior management. Simples really. Surprised an ACF chap had not thought of it.