Friends of the Forces

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Spanish_Dave, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Spanish_Dave

Spanish_Dave LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Yes sir

3. I will if you tell me what to fill in on the boxes.

Edited to add
    Nominees Contact Details (The lead person for the group/organisation or the Individual/Young Individual)

title*
    First name*
    Surname*
    Male / Female*
    Female
    Male
    Community group or commercial organisation name if applicable
    Tel No*
    Email*
    Work / Home Address 1*
    Address 2
    Address 3
    Town / City*
    County*
    Postcode*

Cheers.

4. Spanish_Dave

All your details mate, you can take the info fron the website, all you are doing is nominating us if you wish to

5. Mr Spanish, I am well up for it, unless Sunray has put my name in first.

He'd better be quick, because I am about to input my stuff. No peeking :twisted:

Oh hang on, we need Mr Lee or Sgt Slingsby's details for the first bit.

6. Spanish_Dave

put my details in

7. Delete that one you mong, I have made it up and used my house number.

DELETE IT NOW OR THE NEPHEW GETS IT!!!!

8. Here's my effort, all cut and paste:

holidays4heroes
    What do we do? We provide respite holidays for the families of British Military wounded [of all Services] ... and, sadly, the widows and the kids.

Help Them Out deals with the cases that either lie outside the normal remit of the main Service Charities, or require a faster response than they can usually provide. Sometimes the cases require financial assistance, or a little bit of nudging in the right direction for long-term help, or the application of a bit of expertise from the website membership.

It is particularly useful that several members are also actively involved in work with the other Service Charities, so that our rapid response can be turned into long-term solutions by the major organisations. We have a theme name for this part of our activities, and that is 'Help Them Out'

..."In 2009 our interventions have stopped 11 repossessions, 7 evictions and have homed 6 homeless ex servicemen. We've also dealt with 14 bankruptcies and countless more IVAs. We've stopped 26 bailliff cases (one way or another, not often the most straightforward way). We've provided ... transport, furniture, white goods, bedding, disabled equipment, laptops, desk tops, phones, alarms, utility payments, TVs, stopped medal sales, replaced medals, moved house for people, referred over 35 cases to SSAFA and RBL, decorated, moved rubbish, visited and shown care to elderly veterans. And we have provided ... short-term B&Bs, school uniforms, clothing, refuge for wives who have needed removing from hostile home environments, Christmas and Birthday presents and Christmas food and vouchers

I thought I would add another expression of gratitude and hopefully add a little reality to this incredibly generous and sadly necessary enterprise. The darkest hours of PTSD few can even begin to imagine, the depths that these wounded minds plumb are almost impossible to endure. Having to witness someone so courageous, exceptionally intelligent, talented and decent involuntarily destroy himself is heartbreaking, particularly when your help will only go as far as they are able to accept it - the revered pride and self-reliance so integral to the Armed Forces psyche ends up being another barbed stick to beat yourself with when you're mentally injured. Thanks to YOUR assistance He is not alone. Please, please continue to spread this love around!

Holidays for Heroes and Help Them Out do more than just care, they make the extra effort. Flash to bang is the way ahead.

Shall I submit it, or offer to kill people via Um Bongo??

9. I am getting well clever at this cut and paste, I'm going to add:

Tell anyone I am nice, and you all get Um Bongo.

10. Spanish_Dave

submit and kill you know you want to

11. Treacle Pie, I have apparently got to cut it down to 1000 words! I can say that in a minute ffs!

I'm doing it, I'm doing it.

It's a very jolly hard website thingymedoodar to post on though. I might need a solicitor if they don't stop having me off.

Yours eye eye,

DtS.

(I'm doing it, I'm doing it) :lol: :lol:

12. Mate, if you can cut this to 1000 words you are a better man than me:

I'm good and will show my pants for money, but I've chopped half of that already!

13. Shall I just tell them I will get my kit off for Twiglets?

I'm trying mate. Do you want to send them the linky things and I will just offer a pair of my used pants?

(It's the NAAFI - shut up cleverheads, I don't talk to poor people).

14. I may or may or not have been naughty.

Is that a bit too scary?

That dog link was shite.

I might have sussed it though:
    [​IMG]

15. I have submitted my bit and even quoted my Royal British Legion number and told them because I am RBL member I know what I'm talking about.

So you can't get more above board than that then.