Friends of the Forces Awards is Launched

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by RachelC, Feb 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all,

Did you know that today The Royal British Legion launched the Friends of the Forces Awards?

Supported by His Royal Highness Prince Harry, the Awards recognise the efforts of members of the public in supporting our serving men and women in the Armed Forces.

Entrants will be chosen from categories that recognise individual, young individual, community group and commercial organisation contributions.

If you'd like to nominate someone special who always goes the extra mile, head on over to the Friends of the Forces website. The site also provides all the information you need about eligibility and the terms and conditions.

Shortlisted winners will be invited to attend a Royal gala ceremony in London on 13th July!

Good luck all :D
  2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Do they do awards for sites full of people who do the same thing? IE: Can ARRSE be nominated?
  3. Bryn Parry would be the obvious for H4H?
  4. surely Hols 4 Hero's qualifies!!??
  5. I would say that it would come under

c. Community Group (a charity, local council or volunteer group)
  6. MDN/GRB/YIM/Meridian and the rest of this marvelous small group who started all this gets my vote! Holidays 4 Heroes & Sgt Slingsby!!! can we have a Poll added to the thread?
  7. I've sent OP a PM asking that she list eligibility criteria in the post.
  8. Or you could just read the criteria on the website she linked to.

Sounds good though.

9. Hi,

The Friends of the Forces website has a Criteria section that lists all of the Terms and Conditions and info around eligibility.

Nominating the Army Rumour Service site sounds like a great idea!
  10. I nominate Piers Morgan.
  11. Is the town of Wootton Bassett eligible?
  12. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

More importantly...anyone got MDN's postcode for the 'region' requirement.....;)
  13. Hi all,

I just wanted to post a reminder that the Friends of the Forces Awards, a national scheme from the Legion that gives members of the public recognition for supporting our Armed Forces, are to be closed to entries on 21st April.

That means that you have just 7 days to get your nominations in!

The Awards are supported by Prince Harry, and emphasise how important it is for civilians to get behind our serving men and women to let them know that they have our support and truly are appreciated. Harry has said, ‘The Friends of the Forces Awards recognise the extraordinary, and often sunsung, efforts of members of the public to help and support members of our Armed Forces and their families. For those serving in the British Armed Forces, the knowledge that others are thinking of them has a hugely positive effect that cannot be underestimated.’

Please do consider nominating someone who contributes to the wellbeing of our Armed Forces heroes!

Poppy :D
  14. The nomination criteria require's the following fields to be populated.

So with PERSEC in mind how do we vote for Hols 4 Heroes? I would nominate if the following was offered.

Any ideas?

First Name

Tel Nº
    Work/Home address1
    Town / City

East, London. Midlands, North, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South, Wales

Nomination Form
  15. I'll be voting for this little girl ..

Despite her own disabilities at such a young age her character, determination and commitment to fund raising for those injured in the line of duty is remarkable. An example to us all.

Just have to work out how to contact her now !!, best way is via the BBC I think as they did the interview.