Friends dubious army time ???

A close friend tells me he enrolled in the Army in the 70's apparently in the Household Cavalry regiment. Though he doesn't know one end of a horse from the other.
He says he had to do basic training twice, because he joined as a boy soldier and was too young as the time.

He also said he got out although the Army were pushing him to go to Officer training.

I think it smells of BS. Can anyone give me any guidance.

thanks

Just ask him what his service number was - then come back here and tell us, and we'll give you an opinion.

Can anyone give me any guidance.
1529941091130.png

Edited to add: The smack is not for being a bullshitter, it's being horse-fellating manloving HCAV

A close friend tells me he enrolled in the Army in the 70's apparently in the Household Cavalry regiment. Though he doesn't know one end of a horse from the other.
He says he had to do basic training twice, because he joined as a boy soldier and was too young as the time.

He also said he got out although the Army were pushing him to go to Officer training.

thanks
Is he a smelly old Irishman from Nottingham? Is so, he'll probably change his story by tomorrow.

Is he a smelly old Irishman from Nottingham? Is so, he'll probably change his story by tomorrow.
He’s NOT from Nottingham, he resides there. We are taking one for the team.

England owes us big time.

What he said.

As an aside, half way through my basic training we were joined by guys from Junior Para so it might be said that they did basic twice.

My FiL was a Provo Sergeant at Bovington during the seventies and is an ex-junior leader RAC himself. Once the brats passed out, they went straight to their respective regiments.

Didn't Junior Paras have to go to Depot Para for P Company etc.?

Ask him if he was in with Big Gaz and Scouse Kev. If he turns puce and spits his port out, he's gen.

thanks
Ask him how many times he got done for a piss stained mattress.