Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

friend in need (eyesight requirements)

Hello, i'm not quite sure about the requirements of eyesight standard for the infantry this question is for a friend who is currently undergoing application for the regulars and would like to know is there a minimum that your eyesight can be before they bin your application. He wears glasses and contact lens, but he is only starting the process of application and is going to see the recruiter this tuesday but would like so advice beforehand.

many thanks
RC..

ROMEO-CHARLIE said:
Hello, i'm not quite sure about the requirements of eyesight standard for the infantry this question is for a friend who is currently undergoing application for the regulars and would like to know is there a minimum that your eyesight can be before they bin your application. He wears glasses and contact lens, but he is only starting the process of application and is going to see the recruiter this tuesday but would like so advice beforehand.

many thanks
RC..
its totally medical in confidence and recruiter will just send off opticians report with medical questionairre. The med staff at selection will let him know so start the process and find out.

needs to get 6/9 in his right and 6/36 in his left with a spectacle correction of no more than +8.00 and no less than -7.00.

That's what it was when I last checked (couple of months ago).