Friend in 2 Para

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by taffplod, May 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had some bad news of a friend of mine who possibly comitted suicide 2 years ago he was in 2
    Para and his first name was Gareth, if anyone out there can give me some info it would be greatley appreciated. This all might sound a bit skettchy but I haven't been in touch with him for about 3 years and with all the recent goings on, just thought he was busy and as squaddies are, were all pretty carp at staying in touch.
  2. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Do you have a surname?
  3. Possibly Gwyther and was married but seperated from his wife Lee and was a Taff.
  4. Also had a shed load of piercings in civvy street, probably still there when he was in the Army.
  5. Cheers stacker done that after some more info, still in a state of shock after getting the news today.
  6. If it's the bloke they called Socks then yes.
  7. Thanks JD but only knew him in civy street, I was a bit REsponsible with him joining up.
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

Sorry I didn't give you the name sooner mate but socks was the bloke I knew of, just wanted to be sure before disclosing anything.
  9. how strange is that!; first time on arsse(recommended by a mate), and first article i read is about my mate Gaz. right about his piercings -remember him having to drop his skids at airport security 'cos of his albert! a better mate you couldn't ask for. 'forever gone, never forgotten'
  10. Thanks to all of you for the info, I can now go and visit his grave and say goodbye, thanks again. TP