Fridge Chucking

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Ex-Ten, Jan 6, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The freezer I kept under the stairs has just died, no problem with that as it was years old and didn't owe us anything.

So in order to chuck the thing out I had to shift a lot of rubbish which had gathered around it, you know the sort of stuff, old shoes, carrier bags, etc.

I filled four bin bags with junk and threw it all away. The freezer itself wasn't outside more than an hour before it was snatched by some passing pikeys, much faster service than the local council!!!

Looking now at the space under the stairs (minus 12 cubic feet of freezer and four bags of crap) there doesn't seem to be any more room there than before.
    How does that work?? :???:
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. I'm glad this isn't yet another Fat Phil Campion thread.
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. I expect you've forgotten about the girls you've got chained up in there Herr Fritzl.
  4. but it was inspired by him :wink:

I've moved them to the garage!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

How nice. Love the Smiley by the way. If you ever find yourself up Newcastle way, giz a shout? We can have a cup 'o tea and a chat.
  6. Cheers! And likewise if you're travelling to London.
  7. I can't help but feel you missed an opportunity.

You and your misleading thread titles.
  8. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

probably the under stairs crowded by bin bags bit which killed it. left to breathe it should have gone on forever.

stuff expands to fill the space available - you don't actually need a shed until you get one.
    • Like Like x 6
  9. Ooh, nice toy. I want one of those!!
  10. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

Buy a copy of backyard ballistics there's plans in there.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Just found it on Amazon, thank you!

Backyard Ballistics: Build Potato Cannons, Paper Match Rockets, Cincinnati Fire Kites, Tennis Ball Mortars and More Dynamite Devices: William Gurstelle: Books

They've also got one called "The Practical Pyromaniac", that's got ME written all over it!

The Practical Pyromaniac: Build Fire Tornadoes, One-Candlepower Engines, Great Balls of Fire, and More Incendiary Devices: William Gurstelle: Books
  12. You are Harry Potter, and I claim my quidditch season ticket and some shitty specs.
  13. There's a thought, Hermione Grainger, Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood. Those are three witches who could stir my cauldron any day of the week!

View attachment 104488

The season ticket is in the post.
    • Like Like x 2
  14. Who has a freezer under their stairs?

I assume it's so when you get in late you can grab a pack of fish fingers on your way to the kitchen?
  15. It's where he kept the body of his first wife.