Friday the 13th after a GE

I can never quite follow the logic of English people continually banging on about what a "basket case" Scotland is and at the same time being desperate to keep their second oldest liability. We spent Friday touring in the Highlands with the mountains beautiful with a fresh covering of snow; it was wonderful.
Don't get me wrong, I have a long association with the Scottish people, I love them and their country. But, if they want to depart the Union they can feck off and we'll see how they fare separated.

I can never quite follow the logic of English people continually banging on about what a "basket case" Scotland is and at the same time being desperate to keep their second oldest liability. We spent Friday touring in the Highlands with the mountains beautiful with a fresh covering of snow; it was wonderful.
But that’s my point, it is not the English people that want to keep Scotland. And Scotland being a beautiful place means very little to the EU. Spain in particular will do everything that they can to block an independent Scotland joining the EU.
I for one will very happily vote for an independent Scotland, just as long as it is a one way ticket

mrdude

War Hero
Don't get me wrong, I have a long association with the Scottish people, I love them and their country. But, if they want to depart the Union they can feck off and we'll see how they fare separated.
Don't believe everything that comes out of wee nippys mouth, I live in fife and don't know anyone that wants to stay in the EU and most people I know would vote against independence, wee nippy doesn't speak for the vast majority of people, she speaks for herself. Also BOJO will just tell her to fook off, and so will the electorate if it goes to a referendum.

Don't believe everything that comes out of wee nippys mouth, I live in fife and don't know anyone that wants to stay in the EU and most people I know would vote against independence, wee nippy doesn't speak for the vast majority of people, she speaks for herself. Also BOJO will just tell her to fook off, and so will the electorate if it goes to a referendum.
I know mate, I'm still in touch with a lot of my old mates from the Scottish regiment I was in for a while. I just like making SNP independentists go mentalist.

mrdude

War Hero
I know mate, I'm still in touch with a lot of my old mates from the Scottish regiment I was in for a while. I just like making SNP independentists go mentalist.
You've just got to remember that wee nippy is SNP, they want nothing more than for Scotland to be an independent country, and she's its leader so she has to spout off the crap she does or she'd lose her job. She doesn't have the Scottish people on her side like she thinks she does, when it comes down to it, most people are happy to be part of the UK, and most Scottish and English have a lot of family ties with each other.

Anyone else been taken aback by post-election hysterics from surprising sources?
The extended family has a few NHS employees including Daughter-in-lLaw and future Granddaughter-in-Law (if there is any such thing). Most of them were praying for Boris to win but I was surprised to hear both DiL and future GDiL were praying for Magic Grandpa to be elected and that they were devastated at the result.

I daren't say how chuffed at the result of the GE as I value a) my balls and b) my life

Timid? Moi? Hmmmm, I'll just quietly grin at them at the annual Family Christmas Dinner.

Hohohohoho

You've just got to remember that wee nippy is SNP, they want nothing more than for Scotland to be an independent country, and she's its leader so she has to spout off the crap she does or she'd lose her job. She doesn't have the Scottish people on her side like she thinks she does, when it comes down to it, most people are happy to be part of the UK, and most Scottish and English have a lot of family ties with each other.
MrDude you just stop with that sensible talk, we the English are going to give you Freedom. Now I lived In Stirling so we all know Big Billy Wallace should not die for nothing......we have packed your bags (metaphorically) and Wee Krankie is taking you to paradise.

The first wave of repatriation will follow in due course.

Niamac

GCM
wee nippy doesn't speak for the vast majority of people
That's true. But as a thought experiment imagine what would happen if the country was independent. Normal politics of the type common in most modern country's would re-assert itself and the SNP current dominance would fade to its proper proportion.

Just as an aside if you read Dominic Cumming's blog (a bit indigestible I agree) it indicates that he, and therefore at present Johnson, aims to attack the central organs of government in Whitehall which he, Cumming, sees as a cause of why many policy initiatives failed in delivery. He may be right in this (NHS computerization?) The blame for these failings in his eyes are an ineffective (and bloated) Civil Service and I would think that this might be in the PM's in-tray albeit quite far down. One of the implements of reform would be to create other foci of administrative power to reduce the single centre of Whitehall. Hence City Mayors and general devolution to the Nations of this country.

None of this is going to happen in the short term but in a longer perspective administrative federalization might be on the agenda. Sir Humphrey is probably having an attack of the vapours.

MrDude you just stop with that sensible talk, we the English are going to give you Freedom. Now I lived In Stirling so we all know Big Billy Wallace should not die for nothing......we have packed your bags (metaphorically) and Wee Krankie is taking you to paradise.

The first wave of repatriation will follow in due course.
For that statement alone you too can feck right aff at the high port. I suggested my fellow Scots, well SNP supporters, could do so after all their bleating at losing in 2014. Then I wanted Scotland to remain. Now, see my first sentence. I have no wish to join them.

For that statement alone you too can feck right aff at the high port. I suggested my fellow Scots, well SNP supporters, could do so after all their bleating at losing in 2014. Then I wanted Scotland to remain. Now, see my first sentence. I have no wish to join them.
Look you have got to accept Democracy, so get your bags packed.
Free NHS, Free education and Freedom await you...... don’t take anything electrical as I don’t think you will have electric in the Crofts.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The labour campaign, in one sentence

The horse we rode is dogmeat and glue. Time to stop flogging it.

Niamac

GCM
don’t take anything electrical as I don’t think you will have electric in the Crofts.
Have a care - have you seen the number of wind turbines in Scotland?

Have a care - have you seen the number of wind turbines in Scotland?
I have. The last time I was there about half if them were static, in windy conditions. I also noticed there were very few solar farms.

Latest Threads