Friday the 13th after a GE

Chef

LE
I'm hoping for a couple of decent riots.

We haven't had any good (political) ones since 2011.
I'd have thought the poll tax riots back in '89' were the last ones.

Election?

What election?

I'd have thought the poll tax riots back in '89' were the last ones.
Nope. Student Riots 2010.
Day X, DayX2 etc etc. There was some reasonably feisty stuff going on.

On the other hand the August 2011 riots following the death of Mark Duggan were, by day two, just plain fcuking scary.

Who's going to be necking the most Brasso tonight then? Labour losers? Remain losers? LibUnDem total losers? Leave winning celebrants? The winner of SPOTY 2019?
Gammon cunts who #gotbrexitdone but wonder why they're sat in their council houses dying from Carling-induced heart attacks and strokes because bojo trade-dealed the spare parts for ambulances to some remote American company and it takes a week to ship those parts across the Atlantic. :smile:

Chef

LE
Nope. Student Riots 2010.
Day X, DayX2 etc etc. There was some reasonably feisty stuff going on.

On the other hand the August 2011 riots following the death of Mark Duggan were, by day two, just plain fcuking scary.
I'd forgotten those ones. But I remember Duggan's send off. Trent Park* about five miles away closed early.

This was a shame as I was killing time in a cafe there while a Chefette was doing a riding test.

*The same Trent Park high ranking boxheads were held at during WWII.

Tunnels

War Hero
It was a bit ironic that after 11 hours of BBC non-stop election coverage the first track on Radio 4's Desert Island Discs this morning was the EC anthem; Beethoven's "Ode to Joy".
I tuned into that half asleep and thought there'd been a coup.

Gammon cnuts who #gotbrexitdone but wonder why they're sat in their council houses dying from Carling-induced heart attacks and strokes because bojo trade-dealed the spare parts for ambulances to some remote American company and it takes a week to ship those parts across the Atlantic. :smile:
Not up with the times on freight are you? Overnight is often done by those big shiny things in the sky that the more technically capable of us call airplanes. But then, you being an out of touch 1970's throwback type, you wouldn't understand such awe inspiring kit would you?

Speaking of salty tears.....

I have a mate, a lawyer with a good grip on macro-economics who has been holding down an expatriate gig with a think tank/human rights advocacy for many years in a steamy and dissolute land to Australia's North. A Brit by birth and upbringing, the tenor of his social media presence has always struck me as surprisingly naive (compared with his professional output), with statism and an unfailing damnation of the US as the sole source of all discord in the world and conservatives as uniformly stupid, corrupt and well, just evil. But still a clever bloke and personable enough, in a prickly kind of way.

The ascendance of Boris has had him sputtering like eggs in an over-hot pan, and Brexit offers nothing but the destruction of society and economy alike, and the enslavement of a ragged and disenfranchised populous into endless serfdom by Dickensian be-wigged toffs. And so on. But with this election I reached the conclusion my old mate must have had a stroke.

He now honks at length that an evil conspiracy has foisted Boris on an unsuspecting UK through trickery and deceit, and all public services will henceforth be shut down and /or sold off to Trump, and everyone has been hoodwinked on this Brexit thing as the election wasn't about Brexit at all.......and so on and so on.

Astounding to hear such a collection of counter-factual and hysterical nonsense being insistently espoused by a grown-up, and one that might be expected to have a thoughtful and informed view.

Anyone else been taken aback by post-election hysterics from surprising sources?

I have a mate, a lawyer with a good grip on macro-economics who has been holding down an expatriate gig with a think tank/human rights advocacy for many years in a steamy and dissolute land to Australia's North. A Brit by birth and upbringing, the tenor of his social media presence has always struck me as surprisingly naive (compared with his professional output), with statism and an unfailing damnation of the US as the sole source of all discord in the world and conservatives as uniformly stupid, corrupt and well, just evil. But still a clever bloke and personable enough, in a prickly kind of way.

The ascendance of Boris has had him sputtering like eggs in an over-hot pan, and Brexit offers nothing but the destruction of society and economy alike, and the enslavement of a ragged and disenfranchised populous into endless serfdom by Dickensian be-wigged toffs. And so on. But with this election I reached the conclusion my old mate must have had a stroke.

He now honks at length that an evil conspiracy has foisted Boris on an unsuspecting UK through trickery and deceit, and all public services will henceforth be shut down and /or sold off to Trump, and everyone has been hoodwinked on this Brexit thing as the election wasn't about Brexit at all.......and so on and so on.

Astounding to hear such a collection of counter-factual and hysterical nonsense being insistently espoused by a grown-up, and one that might be expected to have a thoughtful and informed view.

Anyone else been taken aback by post-election hysterics from surprising sources?
I've been taken aback by the comment section of the CBC in regards to the election. Trust me, I was expecting extra-stupid comments on there, but I was blown away at how colossally pig-ignorant most Canadians on the CBC are.

It makes the Daily Mail and Guardian's comment sections look like a gathering of the Fellowship of All Souls.

roninxix

War Hero
Gammon cnuts who #gotbrexitdone but wonder why they're sat in their council houses dying from Carling-induced heart attacks and strokes because bojo trade-dealed the spare parts for ambulances to some remote American company and it takes a week to ship those parts across the Atlantic. :smile:
Fuck me, a dripping porridge wog, now there's a surprise. Dry your eyes princess no indyref#2 for your likes.

Talking of Indyref, you do realize Boris is going to sell Scotchland to The Donald to use as a golf resort, don't you?

Imagine a boot not just stamping on your face for ever, but making you go fetch a tray of scotch and burgers between stampings.

Och aye the ohfuck.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
@dogmeat

I really didn't want to ( I have some good friends from North of the Border) - but you get a Funny for that.

Sturgeon's first act as President For Life should be to stamp The Donald's passport with 'PNG'

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Obvs....it's all part of our Lizard overlords' master plan.

For those who may be unaware, Papua New Guinea is the only Terran source of life giving ' Unobtainium ' - without which neither Sturgeon nor Trump can survive in our harsh oxygen-laden atmosphere.

Like - get with the beat daddio....duh! :plotting: :santa:

Normally about how evil and heartless the Tories are, and in the same post saying they wish they could hang Tory voters

Don’t worry GJ, as long as you give the English a vote Scotland will be an independent country and you can TRY to get into the EU in your own right.

Niamac

GCM
I'm sure the EU would love to have a tartan Greece on their hands.
I can never quite follow the logic of English people continually banging on about what a "basket case" Scotland is and at the same time being desperate to keep their second oldest liability. We spent Friday touring in the Highlands with the mountains beautiful with a fresh covering of snow; it was wonderful.

Latest Threads