Friday Night in A&E.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Let me see, the biggest benefit fraudsters are the self-employed, closely followed in second place by landlords. Of late, employers have been racing up the Top Ten Fraud Charts with furlough scams. The amounts of money stolen by those three groups singlularly and combinbed dwarfs any amounts nicked by individuals.
But, why don't we see more prosecutions, you may ask. And you'd be right but to proscecute the true guilty parties would blow apart the welfare stories pedalled by politicians; plus most of the local courts have been closed and the argument is that it's not in the public interest and prosecutions cost money.... and putting in the public domain details of just how easy it is to defraud Universal Credit of a minimum of a grand without even trying through the wonderful all singing dancing UC computer system so lovingly offshored by Osborne that doesn't work and is riddled with software back doors inserted by those fantastic four chappies and chapesss of the former Jewel of the Empire for the price of one Brit coder -- much cheapness Sahib, much VFM. Fcek me, the politicans might actually have to sack the very senior CS that dreamt this up and couldn't give a sh1t about sorting it until their pensions are locked in.

When people label National Insurance benefits that they've paid for all their working lives as welfare that's pure Daily Fail and Daily Torygraph bigotry writ large. Life long Conservative voter that I am and it astonishes me how cnuts like Osborne's lies are swallowed. As I said above, the largest amounts of benefits are fraudently claim by the self-employed and landlords but you won't see that ever printed in certain newspapers ever.

You'll get no argument from me as ist verbotten to be a Tory who sticks up for what's left of the safety net for the native born working class. Bring back the Boards of Guardians and sellng children or exporting them to what's left of the colonies. That'll sort it.

Edit for crap typing
As someone who is self employed following retirement I resent your comments that all are fraudulent. My tax return is 100% legal carried out by my accountant as any comeback from HMRC regarding fraud would see me struck of the nursing register and no job. Worked only three days this tax year, luckily I have my pension income to fall back on. No help with furlough as I don't have an office, only need a laptop and mobile phone.

ACAB

LE
Let me see, the biggest benefit fraudsters are the self-employed, closely followed in second place by landlords. Of late, employers have been racing up the Top Ten Fraud Charts with furlough scams. The amounts of money stolen by those three groups singlularly and combinbed dwarfs any amounts nicked by individuals.
But, why don't we see more prosecutions, you may ask. And you'd be right but to proscecute the true guilty parties would blow apart the welfare stories pedalled by politicians; plus most of the local courts have been closed and the argument is that it's not in the public interest and prosecutions cost money.... and putting in the public domain details of just how easy it is to defraud Universal Credit of a minimum of a grand without even trying through the wonderful all singing dancing UC computer system so lovingly offshored by Osborne that doesn't work and is riddled with software back doors inserted by those fantastic four chappies and chapesss of the former Jewel of the Empire for the price of one Brit coder -- much cheapness Sahib, much VFM. Fcek me, the politicans might actually have to sack the very senior CS that dreamt this up and couldn't give a sh1t about sorting it until their pensions are locked in.

When people label National Insurance benefits that they've paid for all their working lives as welfare that's pure Daily Fail and Daily Torygraph bigotry writ large. Life long Conservative voter that I am and it astonishes me how cnuts like Osborne's lies are swallowed. As I said above, the largest amounts of benefits are fraudently claim by the self-employed and landlords but you won't see that ever printed in certain newspapers ever.

You'll get no argument from me as ist verbotten to be a Tory who sticks up for what's left of the safety net for the native born working class. Bring back the Boards of Guardians and sellng children or exporting them to what's left of the colonies. That'll sort it.

Edit for crap typing
Ah, excuse me, I didn't realise I was conversing with a cretin.

As someone who is self employed following retirement I resent your comments that all are fraudulent. My tax return is 100% legal carried out by my accountant as any comeback from HMRC regarding fraud would see me struck of the nursing register and no job. Worked only three days this tax year, luckily I have my pension income to fall back on. No help with furlough as I don't have an office, only need a laptop and mobile phone.
So because you claim that you are 100% non-fraudulent, no one else is fraudulent?

Currently in emerg as I type, 21 minutes to see the physician, 28 minutes to diagnostic imaging, just waiting for neuro to come down now. All quiet, very pleasant, very nice staff.

Edit. Size 10, and I owe no one a tenner.

Last edited:
...When my livelihood was under threat I signed up to a job placement website that matches me and my qualifications to jobs. There are no jobs that match my qualifications but every single day I get an email with literally hundreds of jobs that require precisely zero qualifications. There are further hundreds that do need qualifications but offer the training to attain them. A friend of mine is in danger of losing a big contract for rail track maintenance because he can’t find people to do the work despite offering training. These are seriously good paying jobs but they are hard graft, dirty and outdoors in all weathers. The only applicants he gets are foreigners that he struggles to train because their English is poor and all the H&S stuff makes that a significant barrier...

If your mate were able to target the honkie SA school leavers with few prospects of a job back home and a desire to get out of SA where their albedo is a major drawback, he'd be trampled in the stampede.

6May I congratulate you on your offer of public support from your considerable wealth. I presume you are one of the top 5% of taxpayers in the UK?

If a 3p in the £1 (3%) increase for you would raise about £2000 in additional tax, then you must be paying about £67,000 per year in tax alone.

You presumably have done very well after a career in the forces - since that is probably more than you would have earned if you had reached CDS (whose published salary is only £260,000)?

DO a bit of maths. Let's keep it simple and say you earn a solid £100K, not unreasonable for a senior manager in a largish organisation.

Your NI kicks in at £6,240 and you pay a flat 12% on everything earned above that = £11,251

Income tax.

0% on earnings under £12500 (unless you earn over £100K then the allowance goes down by £1 for every £2 earned, so when you earn over £120K you get no tax free allowance) = £0

20% on £12501 - £50,000 = £7500
40% on £50,001 - £100,000 = £20,000

So your total Tax and NI bill is £38,751

But hang on....

Council Tax on a band D property average about £2500
Car Tax x 2 about £650 for a reasonable runner
TV Licence/BBC Tax £135

Now let's assume out of the remainder you have about £1500 a month mortgage. Ignoring the taxes on fees and interest, assume 0ish.

Your disposable income after tax is now £57964. Take your mortgage out @£18K. That gives you a disposable income of around £41K give or take a bit.

You drive around a bit and spend an average of £1500 on petrol/diesel. Around 85% of that is fuel duty and VAT so £1275 is tax.

Adjusting a little for zero rated and 5% VAT on some food items, fuels, insurance premium tax on your car you send about £800 a month on food and essentials that's just under £10K.

So your actual disposable income is nearer £30k there or thereabouts. You spend it on a variety of things and pay 20% VAT on that = £6000

So, in total you have handed back to HMRC in Income Tax, NI, VAT and Council Tax and Misc taxes £49,311

That isn't including the fact that as you loose any child benefit over £50K your marginal tax rate on that £10 is actually over 100%, if you didn't have a mortgage to pay your VAT increases with spend, and you are taxed on interest on any investment.

On average, if you earn £100K and have a mortgage you are going to hand back 49.3p in every £1 you earn. You would be on a hell of a lot less than £260K to be paying £67K into the system, that will happen with the gradual abolition of the income tax allowance on earnings over £100K (on the same metrics a £120K salary would be £41K alone, not assuming increased VAT on spending income). Bringing home just under £140K and living reasonably to those means will get you there, and probably beyond.

Lefty Cnut.

For the past 10 years I have been an "interim" working through my own Ltd company. My average daily rate is about £650-750. That's not £650 in the back pocket cheers-easy. That money is "turnover" that goes into my company.

The benefit of this to me is simply I choose how much I take and how much I leave in the business. I take what I need and pay Small Business Corporation Tax on the dividends going out and Tax and NI on income. Granted with some of the allowances it nets me a small benefit, less than 5% difference than taking it in salary when you balance the difference between SBCT and ENI but it's not a huge amount and in any case, I take the risk that every 9-12 months or so one contract ends and I have a couple of weeks/months gap before the next one starts and I have to keep paying the bills. I also don't get any day rate paid into my company when I take a holiday or am sick. I pay my own pension contributions as well as having to carry all kinds of insurances and legal and accounting fees (all of which I pay tax on by the way). Some years I do OK and others I end up in a role that pays less because that's where the market is.

The big lie that was peddled a few years ago (by the Brown Govt) was that interims working through Ltd Companies were raking in hundreds of thousands tax free. Like fukc we were. A lot of the time working in public sector we were earning less than the combined costs of the salary and on-costs (pension and ENI paid by the employer you don't see) of a perm employee but were wholly accountable for what we did (unlike some of the jobs-for-life fucktards whose life is a story of blistering incompetence and jobsworthness). Unlike the big corporates we were easy targets for a tax paggering and IR35 was brought in to force us to take all of the day rate in one hit rather than spreading it out and paying all of the employee and employer side costs and with the added taxes on pensions contributions and the umbrella costs of paying someone else's apprentice levy contributing more than an employee.

Die by burning with fire **** you left cunty ****.

Edit for crap typing
Ah, a rich person did it and ran away?

You are very free with the accusations of bigotry. This is actually quite pertinent because it shows an almost Abbottesque grip of the meaning of the word and of course dovetails neatly with your narrative; if you don’t subscribe to my thoughts, you must be a bad person.

FYI (note, it doesn’t address a person’s character or feelings regarding social groupings, ethinicity or any other characteristic).

1D15EB40-888A-455B-A3C9-1BB5EBA60B94.jpeg

Next up

07CD7F4F-2ABA-4FA6-A306-1F9868736C00.jpeg

You then go on to allude to (your version of) the purpose of NI and that it is not for welfare / benefits. None of these then? (Source: (I understand you work for what used to be called the Dole Office?) Your Employer’s own website.

847C5243-E583-4F3E-A7B6-23979EBEABEC.png

As I mentioned NI just once in my original post and then only to illustrate the fact that on aggregate, the Government takes half my income I was attempting to separate income tax from NI. I was incorrect. It cannot be realistically be viewed as anything other than an additional form of income tax as a) only those in employment pay it and b) it’s deducted from wages earned:

8BF17B18-33D8-47D7-966C-F27D65577707.png

If we ignore the above evidence to the contrary and indulge your fantasy I think a very large number of people (working tax and NI payers mainly) would like to know a) what their NI contributions are being used for if not on the welfare items listed above and b) why money is being diverted from tax, as opposed to NI, to fund welfare when it should be being spent on say, the NHS (to bring us back on thread)?

People often hear about how stretched police are with numbers and demand for service etc. What I think is less known about is how stretched the ambulance service is. We often get told amb are now on escalation level... -which means that anything that does not pose an imminent danger of death wont get responded to very quickly.

REAP levels (Resource Escalation Allocation Pressure) align with Emerg Dept OPEL (Operational Pressure Level). Most hospitals and ambulance trusts have spent the past month hovering around the 3/4 levels. For the ambulances this means triaging in the cab not in ED, co-responder support from the mil or F&RS to drive ambulances, all internal training stopped, students re-deployed and clinical trainers on the road, greater use of private suppliers for P2 and 3 jobs, volunteer community responders for P4.

This has mainly been due to COVID outbreaks amongst crews, not being able to move between nodes because of "bubbles" and the number of calls in EOC going through the roof. This means Emergency Disconnect Protocols in 999 - take the call, get the details, get off the phone unless actively instructing CPR or talking someone off the ledge. Most trusts have been co-supporting their neighbours on national contingency at some point.

One of the reasons that the ambulance service is fucked is it's run by paramedics for the benefit of paramedics. Take that abortion that is 111. If doctors still picked up the phone of an evening there would be fickens all need for it (thanks BLiar) and if "choose and book" and all of the other hairbrained schemes of the New Liabour era hadn't spunked millions on shit contracts with US suppliers (remember NHS direct) who didn't understand the NHS and tried to make money out of it it might have actually worked. But the problem is it is first and foremost a call centre environment where you have to understand "flow", but you are an ambulance trust so you get a load of nurses and paramedics with not the first ******* clue on how to actually run a demand led operation and put them in charge. Cue absolute fukcing carnage when COVID hit. Look up Agenda for Change. 111 staff working 3 on 4 off and then doing shifts in care homes and hospitals as agency nurses, catching COVID and not calling in sick coz the double-bubble overtime is too good to miss and the first cough and half a shift gets taken out due to self-isolation. AfC pay rates almost compensated them for this behaviour if not actively encouraging it.

Blue light services. Anyone come accross that cnut Lord Carter of Coles? One of those sinecured New Liabour lot still doing the rounds reviewing public services with not a ******* clue on what he is talking about (this is the same guy who capped the prison population at 80000 in 2004, then when he realised crims don't commit crime based on when there's capacity in the prison system to house it but when they need smack on the street paniced and initiated an emergency build programme that he then spent a year reviewing and determined it was all shit VFM). Anyway, this cnuts been at it in the Ambulance Service, only having listened to Greta the ******* Doom Goblin has forced the trusts to buy these Fiat chasis vehicles that are electric with little solar PV panels on top, and the second you pull off in 999 mode the battery drains and you have to ;plug in to fire up the Defibrilator if it has discharged.

Massive expansion, under-investment. Don't get me started on PTS services, most Trusts have not got a commercial ******* clue and sell them at a massive loss draining money out of infrastructure to run it because they don't understand target operating models or "Should Cost Models" or the first ******* clue how to apply the Green Book to evaluating whether the bid is viable or not.

Just remember, the NHS has become the new state religion and the NHS doesn't exist because we pay for it to look after our health, rather we must "save it" in order that it continues to shower its benevolence on us. Forget Sunday church services, we must stand outside at the allotted time each Thursday showing it with praise and woe betide you if you don't. And you are only paying £0.49 in every £1 you earn to prop it up.

I'd privatise the ******* lot tomorrow. Want to be a fat cnut who never takes any more exercise than it takes to pick up the phone and Deliveroo your 12000 calorie KFC Mega Bucket and a packet of Benson? No drama, either cough up your hard earned in exhorbitant insurance commensurate with your health risk, die, or get fit. Life choices. I ******* resent paying half of what I earn so other cnuts can be unfit, pissed up and violent, or otherwise a drain on society because I pay for it.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I cant help thinking the NHS and some of their doctrines are their own worst enemy though. I saw first hand how "The squeekiest wheel gets most oil" when I had a kidney stone. I was in A&E and in agony...only for a succession of people with papercuts or whatever screaming out and getting triaged off before me. Same with my wife when she was in labour on the labour ward. because she was not creating a scene it was assumed she obviously wasnt in pain and didnt require urgent attention.

Hospitals also try to palm off a lot of their crap onto police also. "High risk patient has absconded"- Why are they high risk? "er he's presented with a head injury and not been assessed yet". Send an ambulance to his house / look for them then..."er OK, I was told by the sister to phone you anyway..>"
Doctors are leery about detained people being handcuffed in hospital so it ties up 2 or 3 officers instead of one

Doctors are leery about detained people being handcuffed in hospital so it ties up 2 or 3 officers instead of one
Im sure many of the frontline officers on here can also cite examples of hospital staff actually having a go at them for their controlling methods on a violent patient...so they back off and bugger off. Cue an embarrassed "Er..you brought a patient in an hour ago...could you come back please...he's kicking off" 9's call.

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
When I was working in ICU if I had a prisoner to care for or one of my staff did, I had no problem if the security classification required them to be cuffed to the bed. Usually they went to theatre cuffed until they were anaesthetised, a prison officer would get a cup of coffee, then when on ICU once we were ready to start the process of waking them up i would inform the officer what I was about to do. Then they would reapply the restraints. Usually the restraints wouldn't be neccesary as trying to run with a wound down the chest and one down the leg plus everything else would inhibit movement but it wouldn't stop anybody trying to break them out. It was my decision not a doctors whether they were restrained, if a doctor whished to perform a procedure then the restraints if applicable could be removed.

Most prisoners looked on hospitals as a good gig, as they had reasonable food, a little more freedom and rarely if ever gave trouble as they knew if they did they would as soon as possible they'd be off to he pokey quick smart. The officers enjoyed too, tea at regular intervals, no scallies around, what more would they want?

Those under escort usually fell into two groups, those for routine surgery and those under police custody with or without firearms officers being present. I once had a staff member who was worried about all the armed police for a local who was well known to the custody sagreant plus the local drug squad. She was worried if someone came in after him, I just said stand well aside and tell them not to hit the equipment as it was expensive. The police were there for her protection.

HCL

LE
Ah, a rich person did it and ran away?

You are very free with the accusations of bigotry. This is actually quite pertinent because it shows an almost Abbottesque grip of the meaning of the word and of course dovetails neatly with your narrative; if you don’t subscribe to my thoughts, you must be a bad person.

FYI (note, it doesn’t address a person’s character or feelings regarding social groupings, ethinicity or any other characteristic).

View attachment 549722

Next up

View attachment 549723

You then go on to allude to (your version of) the purpose of NI and that it is not for welfare / benefits. None of these then? (Source: (I understand you work for what used to be called the Dole Office?) Your Employer’s own website.

View attachment 549728

As I mentioned NI just once in my original post and then only to illustrate the fact that on aggregate, the Government takes half my income I was attempting to separate income tax from NI. I was incorrect. It cannot be realistically be viewed as anything other than an additional form of income tax as a) only those in employment pay it and b) it’s deducted from wages earned:

View attachment 549729

If we ignore the above evidence to the contrary and indulge your fantasy I think a very large number of people (working tax and NI payers mainly) would like to know a) what their NI contributions are being used for if not on the welfare items listed above and b) why money is being diverted from tax, as opposed to NI, to fund welfare when it should be being spent on say, the NHS (to bring us back on thread)?

Clearly reading between my lines escapes you. Here's it in plain: the largest groups of people who consistently defraud the benefits system fit the profile of Conservative supporters, the very same people who persistently demonise the unemployed who draw on that benefit system. Sorry if that doesn't seem to fit your biased and Daily Hate inspired narrative about the feckless and workshy.
BTW I don't work in a JCP. My job's a bit more specialised than that.
And It's not welfare. It's benefits. And by 2023 all benefits are slated to be under UC - - which is also not called welfare. I spell: B-E-N-E-F-I-T-(S) and it's not pronounced welfare because it's not welfare because benefits are largely contribution based, welfare isn't

HTH

B42T

LE
Currently in emerg as I type, 21 minutes to see the physician, 28 minutes to diagnostic imaging, just waiting for neuro to come down now. All quiet, very pleasant, very nice staff.

Edit. Size 10, and I owe no one a tenner.

I hope the surgical removal of the 15inch dildo stuck inside you was successful?

Clearly reading between my lines escapes you. Here's it in plain: the largest groups of people who consistently defraud the benefits system fit the profile of Conservative supporters, the very same people who persistently demonise the unemployed who draw on that benefit system. Sorry if that doesn't seem to fit your biased and Daily Hate inspired narrative about the feckless and workshy.
And It's not welfare. It's benefits. And by 2023 all benefits are slated to be under UC - - which is also not called welfare. I spell: B-E-N-E-F-I-T-(S) and it's not pronounced welfare because it's not welfare because benefits are largely contribution based, welfare isn't

HTH
Which area of DWP did you say you work in?
and... AO / EO HEO??

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer

HTH
You ain't worked in Liverpool then.

You ain't worked in Liverpool then.
Im calling bullshit on him.

My wife works DWP, has also been HMRC and Home Office...then back to DWP.
His dits dont correllate with anything Ive heard and...my wife's job is not of the picking up the phone and hearing "Its me entitlements innit!" type of calls. Once upon a time...years ago...it was.

I think he may possibly be over projecting himself and trying to factor in things such as tax avoidance- note...not evasion, into his argument. Otherwise..it just does not make sense.
Would be interested to hear what grade he is at in which dept. Easy for him to disclose..it wouldnt in any way blow his persec.

Polyester

War Hero

HTH
Got any evidence for the above? Specifically “the largest groups of people who consistently defraud the benefits system fit the profile of conservative voters”? I’ll be interested to see it.

Incidentally, what does a conservative profile look like? Bald? Skinny? Black? Big boobs? Enlighten us.

Latest Threads