Freshers, Gawd bless 'em.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
Since most of our radio audience are holed up in tax havens, you will not have a clue, you tax avoiding deadbeats. But for the rest of us back here in the towns of old Blighty, Its Freshers time.

18 years old and doing their best to prove they are Rad. kewel and interesting.

My favourite is a corner shop in a questionable part of town. This is where local chavs gather to swap info on who's in / out of nick. Who has good gear. Who is a nonce / grass. Who's been shaggging who's bird / Mum / dog etc.

This evening the space was taken over by half a dozzen Rah kids. Flipping their skateboards, iPhones in action wearing a couple grands worth of Pandora and Uniqulo tat. A brand new Mini Cooper S at the kerb. Just like they were hanging inna hood in NYC. Except this is Newcastle. I watch with interest.

Have you been doing shots of brasso tonight?

Since most of our radio audience are holed up in tax havens, you will not have a clue, you tax avoiding deadbeats. But for the rest of us back here in the towns of old Blighty, Its Freshers time.
My favourite is a corner shop in a questionable part of town. This is where local chavs gather to swap info on who's in / out of nick. Who has good gear. Who is a nonce / grass. Who's been shaggging who's bird / Mum / dog etc.
This evening the space was taken over by half a dozzen Rah kids. Flipping their skateboards, iPhones in action wearing a couple grands worth of Pandora and Uniqulo tat. A brand new Mini Cooper S at the kerb. Just like they were hanging inna hood in NYC. Except this is Newcastle. I watch with interest.
Newcastle.
Are you in the witness protection programme?

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Newcastle University: Is that one of those that used to be a Kwik-Fit?

Youngest is on Freshers' Week as we speak. It's fûcking great. 5 whole days and she hasn't stung me for any money - I went down the pub tonight to celebrate. I paid in cash knowing she'll be paying for her booze for the next 30 years...hahahahahahahahahah etc...

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
Newcastle University was established in 1834. A tad before Kiwi Fruit arrived on our shores?
Good lord. That's rather Johnny-come-lately, even disregarding the fact that it only became one in the sixties. Mine's considered rather recent and it was established at the tail-end of the 16th century.

Funny old world.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer
I bet the hours just fly by at dinner parties round yours. Did your father know Lloyd George at all?
Well I'll deconstruct it a wee bit then go to bed:

By 'old Blighty' you mean England and Wales. Fresher's in Scotland was two weeks ago.

Do people who frequent 'corner shops in a questionable part of town' ever, really go to dinner parties?

You've previously claimed to be quite wealthy/Good CO/a captain of industry yet it turns out you're just not that funny and just a bit dull.

I'm unsure but doubt that my father would knowingly consort with the Welsh - a stance I endorse when @TheresaMay's about.

Still just as dull as ever?

Why a never served career civvy terminally boring cunt hangs around here is beyond me. Leave it to the professionally boring, time-served military cunts like me.

A new term I learned this afternoon, was "Freshers Flu".

I think we know it as hungover, dehydrated or burn out.
Freshers Flue is the result of exchanging bodily emissons between a disparate group of teenagers. It even effects staff. Expect it every term, as someone will have picked something new up, until your offspring gets a job.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
thecoops The NAAFI Bar 21
ironrations The Training Wing 7
G The NAAFI Bar 26