Fresh look at Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by OldRedCap, Jan 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just Like Everything Else!
  2. never believe what you read...$1000mil investment over 5 years says they are gonna give it a go
  3. Anyone know when they are pulling our troops from Afgan. I heard that it might be middle of this year. Is that true?

that'll be the day. i would put good money on another 10 years at least
  5. Think you may mean Iraq on that one...
  6. Yes your probably very right. my mistake. just trying to find out more as joining up an would love to do a tour.
  7. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Colin Powell thinks it is 'do-able' albeit "much, much harder" The other quoted experts are not saying that it cannot be done.

The only experts who are saying it is impossible are the ones with no name.
  8. isnt the defence seceratary about to announce a troop surge to afghanistan?
  9. well in my thought, they will fcuk off out of Iraq by 2010 summer perhap's but they are going to have to stick by afgan!
  10. Obama has promised to deploy an additional 30,000 troops to Afghan so it looks like we may aswell get comfortable...
  11. Armies fight and do the dirty work.
    If the political support and the money to back the troops are there then they will deliver the goods.
    Politicians start theses Wars and only they can end them by Talking to the enemy.
    Talk is cheap when your not in office, not so cheap when your Nue Labour and only last year talking of 30 years to sort out Afghanistan.
    I do wish Politicians did not have the Balls to talk their troops into wars the cannot/will not finance.
  12. Wonder where he will get the 'More Helicopters' from.
    Troops easy
    Tough sh1t son pack ya bags and off ya go.
  13. It has been reported in the Australian Newspaper here that the government is now looking at options that may see a increase in our troop numbers. This after months and months of saying troop stength was adequate for us as a non Nato member.