FRES Support

Discussion in 'Jobs (Discussion)' started by NigG, Mar 10, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Yes the FRES programme is moving forward and I need to speak to people who have had experience in engineering on this platform or similar.

I would have placed this on the other jobs forum, but as the project is nearing Bid stage (rapidly nearing completion) any interviews/offers made are subject to a win.

The company I represent look like the favourites to win this and will need people with the following backgrounds/experience;

Survivability Engineers
    Senior Systems Engineers
    Lethality Lead Engineer
    C4I Systems Engineers
    ISTAR Systems Engineers
    Platform Engineers
    Finite Stress Analysis engineers

The project does require people who have 'inside the box' experience and land systems experience is a definite pre-requisite.

Unfortunately the majority of the roles are very niche and as such require specific qualifications i.e. a degree or similar in the subject area.

I know this is very specific, but if you feel you're suitable or know anyone please drop me a PM. I'm happy to discuss this project and these roles in detail.

2. Would this involve working in South Wales with a prime contractor known for delivering to timelines, delivering only the highest quality, and absolutely nothing, nothing to do with carrying out the role of DSS by proxy?

Do tell.

3. [​IMG]

No I'm working on my own variant and I think I've got a really good chance here.

4. I would be interested if it hadn't been won by who I think it has!

Got any other jobs?

8)

5. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

So you'd rather work for the other possible winner? Seriously is there much in it?

S_R

6. What's your skill set pal, I'll have a wrod for you.

8)

7. S_R,

Like you, I think probably not - they are both the same and would anyone be suprised at a remoulding of the plasticine that make up the teams once it is announced?

G

8. NigG,

Wrod?

9. Sorry I meant word.

10. It isn't much of a choice - Leicester or Blackwood...

11. ..........or Tewkesbury.

12. Sympathetic_Reaction

Sympathetic_Reaction LE Book Reviewer

You're not making it any easier for yourself... ;)

13. You're probably right there :D