FRES 2: The Revenge aka MIV

gafkiwi

War Hero
True - but then those proponents seldom have experience outside of spreadsheets. Tyre wear is always going to be a concern, and 8x8 tyres are big and heavy....
Not to mention the condition of the crew/dismounts on or following long road moves. Management of driving/working hours can have a pretty big effect on training time. Adding a lot of long non tactical/admin moves can eat into this.

Many Europeans adore hot tea, with lemon, served in a glass set in a glass holder.
1627210673255.png

gafkiwi

War Hero
Not MIV related directly but an example of what the Germans are looking at replacing the Wiesel 1 with to provide direct fire support to airmobile Infantry. GSD LuWa (Luftbeweglicher Waffenträger). The quad track stations are apparently to help with mine/IED strike i.e. loose a track station the vehicle can still move.
1628144572245.png

Last edited:
Not MIV related directly but an example of what the Germans are king at replacing the Wiesel 1 with to provide direct fire support to airmobile Infantry. GSD LuWa (Luftbeweglicher Waffenträger). The quad track stations are apparently to help with mine/IED strike i.e. loose a track station the vehicle can still move.
View attachment 594053
Wouldn’t that be ideal as a recce type vehicle ?