Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FRES 2: The Revenge aka MIV

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Arguably, not having a version of the RWS with Javelin is the solution that takes least sense.

Money's tight but not having a protected solution amounts to dereliction of duty.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Surprised Nick wasn’t aware that there’s a 40mm turret with integrated ATGM a lot closer to home...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LM Export turret based on what they've been doing for us is it not?

LM Export turret based on what they've been doing for us is it not?

Pretty much - but with the advantage of the latest version of GVA and an integrated gateway for Javelin. I’m not sure if the Land Data Model even existed when the WCSP requirements were written?

He probably is aware, but LM aren’t paying him to promote it.

The difference is also that the DGA will happily support Nexter by bigging up the ‘maturity’ of their system, whilst the UK sticks it’s hands in its pockets, sucks its teeth and mumbles about impartiality - before writing another ambiguous paper on ‘sovereignty’ and the necessity of ‘post-Covid/Brexit export markets’...

Pretty much - but with the advantage of the latest version of GVA and an integrated gateway for Javelin. I’m not sure if the Land Data Model even existed when the WCSP requirements were written?

For those that like reading about squiggly amps, GVA ect this might be of interest.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ohhhhh Flattery

Pics of the ammo in third tweet in thread

Worth looking at the full video, good stuff starts at about 6.30, that breech mechanism looks interesting, but more complex than on the CTA40 c.7.15 in

Last edited:
Ohhhhh Flattery

Pics of the ammo in third tweet in thread

Worth looking at the full video, good stuff starts at about 6.30, that breech mechanism looks interesting, but more complex than on the CTA40
But but but 40mm telescoped is a pointless development - when theres already the well established bofors to buy/ copy or the Otto 57mm* as per the spams

*comedy value I know its the 50mm Bushmaster really

Published by: THINK DEFENCE, on 26 September 2020.

New Long Read – Boxer

This is a major refresh of the boxer long read, in two parts . . .

1601152808287.png

That should provide plenty of reading for the rest of the weekend ;) .

Also copied to the cgs-upgrading-challenger-and-warrior thread.

Last edited:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads