Frenchman to cross Atlantic in a barrel

The barrel is 3m long and 2.10m wide with six square metres of living space. There is a porthole in the floor through which Mr Savin can watch passing fish. .

'Oui ma leetle trooper de chute-para. Cut a hole in ze bottom of your bateau to watch ze leetle poissons, pour avoider l'ennui.
What could possibly go wrong avec la?'

Eclat du fumee violet et arome de soufre.

Vive l'Empereur!!!

Cheaper than a care home and funeral, I suppose.

And not overtly suicidal so maybe the life insurance will pay up.

Not far off my plans for the wife if she comes down with Altzheimer's.

Last edited:
The barrel is 3m long and 2.10m wide with six square metres of living space. There is a porthole in the floor through which Mr Savin can watch passing fish. .

'Oui ma leetle trooper de chute-para. Cut a hole in ze bottom of your bateau to watch ze leetle poissons, pour avoider l'ennui.
What could possibly go wrong avec la?'

Eclat du fumee violet et arome de soufre.

Vive l'Empereur!!!
I read it as portaloo in the floor from which to watch the floaters swimming past

A 3meter vessel?

he's not even trying.

didn't a brit go across in a 9ft and then 7ft boay? When he chainsaws 2ft off the back in response to a mothers attempt in a 8ft 10in boat.
Didnt an Aussie use a GPA Jeep?

J-J Savin, Règiment Infanterie Parachutiste.

Or RIP, a fitting acronym.

Last edited:
You'll be giving the gimmigrants ideas baggie. We've got them coming over in small boats at the minute - there's barrels coming next - Farsands of 'em:)
He's had to use a barrel because all the boats have been nicked by Iranians.

Wow, a man crosses Atlantic in a boat. Wonder why has it never been thought of before
This chap is relying on the currents to carry him to the New World. So he'll probably end up in Norway.

Former French paratrooper 71, crossing the Atlantic in a barrel

Frenchman sets off to cross Atlantic in a barrel
He should look up the French invasion of Fishguard.

Them Frogs came mob-handed, and still wound up surrendering to a bunch of Welsh fishwives.

Even if he sneaks into America under the radar, he is but one single Crapaud against innumerable undereducated, overweight excessively armed, US nationalist munters.

I can hardly wait for the footage of his landing :-D

Day 3.
Have looked everywhere and come to the conclusion that I left my tin opener and bottle opener in the kitchen drawer.