Frenchman in successful E&E shock...

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skua2, Aug 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Since he was training government troops he is obviously not a common civvy. Still, being able to casually walk up to be let into the presidential palace after killing three captors and not having the jihadiis hot on his tail seems a little odd.

2. Probably strangled them with his white flag! :D

All joking aside, tres bon drills. Three less floaters in the Gene-Pool. 8)

3. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

The French gov. have admitted they were both spooks.
    French press are bitchin because their cover as journalists threatens the safety of other journo's.......

4. If he did slot three of them (well done) then I wouldn't want to be in his mate's shoes right now.

5. Pretty fcuking hard-core for Spooks! 8O Have the Frogs re-formed the Action Service?

Outside of a Bond movie, you can't really imagine a British Spook slotting three terrorists before escaping... :roll:

6. If it had been a british spook he's had to have had a Health & Safety plan in place, some sort of ethnic diversity training and a counsellor to talk through his problems with the guards without resorting to violence.

7. It's only a matter of time before someone snaffles the film rights...

Bien joué though - taking three captors out then making his way to the presidential palace is a seriously good effort.

8. Only if the Chees-Eating Surrender Monkey is played by Matt Damon. And his charector was born in France but raised in America. And he works for the CIA, not French Intelligence... :roll:

9. Bien drills mon ami!

10. It would have to be Gerrad Butler for the role:

"This is FRAAAANCE!!!" :D 8)

11. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Well I think its safe to assume from where they were that they had a more "robust" profile than some backroom analyst.
    No indication as to whether they were DPSD, DGSE or DRM, nor is there likely to be - Djibouti is round the corner so defense interests are clear.

12. Good drills. Ex Legion and GIGN I would think.

13. Do the French Spooks have their own version of the CIA Paramilitary Division?

I remember reading Day of The Jackal years ago; there were referances to a French intelligence "heavy mob" called Action Service who did all sorts of naughty things; torture, wet work etc. Don't know if they were real or just invented for the book.

14. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Why :?