Frenchies going on strike....again.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ord_Sgt, Jan 29, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

I see the Frenchies are up to their usual when faced with change. On the one hand I can see where they are coming from - all that free money for the banks, which doesn't appear to have helped much. But there was some bint on the World Service this morning saying this would cost the government a lot of money. WTF, its not government money but taxpayers money - so they are aiming to squander their own dosh, crazy.

BBC story.

2. WTF can't we do somthing like this... :x :x :x ...they are so good at this... :x :x :x

3. We are too laxy and only like to complain anonomously

4. The way the French population organise to strike at the drop of a hat -seriously infuriating. "Striking French" is as much a cliche as "cheese-eating surrender monkey". They routinely bring the country to a standstill and generally make the government nervous of doing anything that might bring the mob out....The government must spend half their time on eggshells.

There might be something in that.

5. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Martial Law. Rubber bullets. Tear Gas. Big fcuking wooden sticks with metal ends (Indian Riot police use them).

6. Well The CRS which they've always had are no 'pussies'(as I found out the hard way in 1969)...make our 'Plod' look like limp wristed hermers'...seems no to have 'blunted'(no pun intended) the Garlic eating, wine quaffing, cheese eating populations appetite from letting their Government know what its all really about... :roll:

7. Impossible. The French couldn't make anyone look like hermers, in fact they have the opposite effect.

8. Looks as though the strike has been a bit of a damp squib from the unions point of view.

Sorry but if for some reason I had to face either British riot police or the French CRS then I'd pick our lot any day of the week, much less chance of a serious kicking.

9. The Gendarmes Mobiles, being a militarized, union-free force, are tougher than the CRS but both are in favour of "big boys rules"...