French UNIFIL commanders say will shoot at IAF overflights

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by NEO_CON, Oct 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The French are willing to fight but not to disarm Hezbollah

2. Bog off.

The Israelis have been violating Lebanese sovereignty for far too long and its about time someone stood up to them.

3. Israeli - Frog conflict, now that would be interesting

4. Good for them , looks like they're going for a robust stance again. If Israel's overflights are in defiance of the UN mandate, then paint them up.

5. Agreed. Nice to see the French are taking a tough stand and are enforcing the UN mandate.

6. Vive la France! (or is it le France - I didn't do it for O level)

7. Talk is cheap. I'll believe it when they start firing on one of the most advanced and experianced Air Forces in the world.
    Not like the Frogs to grow a pair - is it an election year in France?

8. I sure it just talk, I doubt if scares anyone ,after all they are terrified of Hezbollah

9. I suspect it's defence contract related!

10. Frogs should send the CDG to the Med first, make sure the Israelis know they're within range of Storm Shadow.

11. The are trying to get hez on-side by having a go at the israelis?

or, if the IAF is in breech of the UN resolution, get some.

Ski.

12. diplomat

diplomat War Hero Book Reviewer

Be lots of French Mirages tumbling out of the sky soon then!

13. Israel vs the Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys.
    Place your bets, Ladies and Gentlemen...

14. This just the French trying to sell more A380 to the Arabs , Threatening Israel is always a good PR move in the ME. If they do enough of it they may get Iran to buy a few, or maybe this is who they are trying to appease

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2006/10/17/wfrance17.xml

15. Then pray the CDG does not break down.

All hot air and garlic, its election year in 2007 and they want to flog arms etc.