French undercover cop kills PSG fan to protect Tel Aviv fan.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Agent_Smith, Nov 24, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Nov. 24, 2006 3:06 | Updated Nov. 24, 2006 7:42
    France: Cop kills 1 defending Hapoel fan
    By ASSOCIATED PRESS
    [Print this Article] [EMail this Article] [Subscribe] [SMS Alerts] [JPost Toolbar] [JPost ePaper]

A plain clothes police officer shot into a crowd of skirmishing soccer fans Thursday as he tried to protect a supporter of the Hapoel Tel Aviv team, killing one person and injuring another, police said.

The 11 p.m. (2200 GMT) incident at a McDonald's fast food restaurant near the Parc des Princes stadium occurred after Hapoel Tel Aviv's 4-2 victory over Paris Saint-Germain in a UEFA Cup match.

The police officer, who was not identified, was trying to protect a Hapoel Tel Aviv fan set upon by some 150 PSG supporters, police said.

The officer lobbed tear gas when the crowd went after the Hapoel supporter then fired two shots, "having been driven into a corner," police said.

Two people were injured, with one dying later, police said. The victims were not identified.

The Paris prosecutor's office and the National Police General Inspection unit, which probes incidents involving law enforcement officers, were investigating, police said.

Source : here

Welldone that man for saving the isreali from a horrendous death!

2. It seems reasonable to me Agent Smith. Police, of any nation, should be permited to fire their wepons to save lives (of any nation).

[apologies if you weren't being sarcastic]

3. Policeman kills football supporter - hooray! ????

A slightly odd conclusion to draw from a rather unfortunate event. I don't like football supporters (or the police particularly) but I'd rather neither were killed if at all possible. Where unavoidable (if this was indeed such as case), I don't see a cause for celebration or congratulation.

But perhaps that's just silly old me worrying about the value of human life and such nonsense.

4. Not meant in a sarcastic tone at all.

The policeman did what he could to save the lives of the two tel aviv fans (and undoubtedly his!).

5. PSG has a number of "Fan Clubs" and there are some very nasty elements indeed. Racisim/Anti-semitism a specialty. There was that nonsense with a Turkish side a while ago where stadium "security" was confiscating anything stick-ish or pointy from Turkish fans yet allowing PSG groups in with anything.

IIRC a group got stuck into a group of Chelsea fans bigtime couple of years ago.

6. YES, PSG are world-renowned for their 'fan' gangs. Most of the time they take it out on each other, but every so often they find alternative targets 8O

Fortunately this time someone was there to intervene :twisted:

7. I disagree. A rampaging mob intent on battering an innocent man to death over something as trivial as a game of football, dont deserve such consideration.
    Dont get me wrong, I value life, or rather, I value the lives of decent people who can conduct themselves in a reasonable manner.
    Mindless thugs intent on maiming and possibly murdering their percieved rivals, deserve nothing more than a bullet to the head.

8. the PSG fans turned on the plain clothes policeman who was from the French West Indies, it was a double racist attack, the latter acted totally in self defence apparently

9. You may well be right (and in this instance, it seems that you probably are). But I still don't see it as something 'decent' people should celebrate in any way (whether violent, racist, ignorant football fan or genocidal dictator). My perception was of an element of celebration in the death of another human being. That's just not British.

10. I agree entirely Dilfor. I didnt mean to imply that it was in any way worthy of celebration, I'm sure Agent Smith didnt either. But it seems we all agree that it was a justifiable shoot and that the officer has nothing to reproach himself for.

11. Spot on!

12. A group hug it is, then.

You guys!