French-U.K. Exercise To Bolster Interoperability

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by petergriffen, Jun 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. French-U.K. Exercise To Bolster Interoperability - Defense News

2. May I suggest that they schedule another exercise for October. On the Falkland Islands. They can bring their carrier and a few planes.

No? Didn't think so :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I hope they don't spend too much on this "magic plug" when MOD owns a perfectly good solution already. Here's hoping the Blandford boys make the right choice and don't get baffled by the big primes' sales pitches.
  4. Not likely, the chief of the French Navy has recently said that if the CdG did not return to harbour for some much needed maintenance within a month or so, it would probably not sail again before 2012...but I suppose that if the UK was to support France in case Brazil wanted to recover French Guyana or Venezuela was making a move against some of the French West Indies or Mexico against Clipperton Island, the Marine Nationale would join in the fray to support the RN to defend "Les Malouines"....

5. Have I got this right? Over 1500 troops are going to see if they can charge up their iPods using a power adapter? Not only do we need to piggy back onto the French military to bolster our missing hardware, but the jewel in the crown is a plug?

6. The priority of the Brits on all those exercises has always been to consume as much "Quarante' tro" (the official beer of the 43 Support Bn of the Lille based French Land Command) as possible. The rest always comes second....
  7. Bien sur.

Buvons, Rossbiffs
  8. BTW, this is based on personal experience with 160 Brigade during a Guibert exercise, it was not meant as a disparaging comment.....
  9. I'm sure we could come to some arrangement. Thinking of developing the relationship, would any of these bits of France be suitable for military hospitals or convalescent homes, or are they all too hot and unhealthy?
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Considering the number of bilingual squaddies I have met in both armies, I see a fundamental problem in all this.......

"Look out Pierre incoming, DUCK!"

"Où est le canard?"
    • Like Like x 4
  11. I miss read the title as "Improbability"
    Freudian or what?

12. Remember "Papillon" with Dustin Hoffman ? How do you fancy that for a retirement home ?
  13. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

That place is the ******** of the world. I was briefly working at Kourou once for a few weeks, even the frickin' butterflies bite. Look at the allowances ESA and Arianespace pay their staff!
    The only colony so shit even the locals don't want it back!
  14. Kourou and Cayenne are nasty but once you are in the jungle the training is good; I just hope the fckuking garimperos will not turn the forest into a cyanide poisoned wasteland with all their illegal gold mining.
  15. Not a wah here, genuine question. More to do with the infantry side of things but Is there a massive difference in TTP's between the two armies when it comes to section, platoon, company etc attacks? Are their sections etc set up in a similar way to ours? Obviously the kit and equipment is totally different I'm just wondering how feasible it would be to just slot say a platoon of our troops into a company of frenchists.